ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1st Car 172 Cup

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
P210408_165701.jpg
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk39/htidjamie/P210408_165701.jpg
P210408_165702.jpg
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk39/htidjamie/P210408_165702.jpg
P210408_165803.jpg

P210408_165804.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
REally nice m8 :) B carefull with yre speed cause it is a fast car .... Test drived 1 myself and I decided it were too fast for a 1st :)

Dude, whip those wheels off of it & get the standard ones back on it. It'll look (and handle) loads better then.

Great first car though, loads better than what I had.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Dude, whip those wheels off of it & get the standard ones back on it. It'll look (and handle) loads better then.

Great first car though, loads better than what I had.

thanks dude yh i got new set of standard rims on the way

R56 JCW
Lovely cars, get rid of the alloys though!!!! dont take this the wrong way, but its like a accident waiting to happen if its ur first car, itll jst be to powerful, if u dont mind me asking how uve managed to get insured on the car?

Should always have a 1.2 as a first car imho

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do your Parents not like you?!

I think you can safely say that with a 172 cup as my first car, i'd have ended up in a box.

LY V6 with Recaros
Great first car, just be carefull!!

Glad to hear you have the standard wheels on the way :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Brill first car!

I know everyone's saying it, but they all speak with experience mate - so many new drivers have shown their pride and joys off on here and then come back on a few weeks later with pictures of mangled RS'.

Focus more on making it look great than going great for the time being and you'll be fine. :)

Yep I can safely say I or the car would not have survived if my Cup was my first car, as it was I had two 1.2s before that and learned to drive them fairly quickly first.

I know people say that all cars used to be without ABS / ESP etc, but there is still something about it. It will bite your arse in the wet and/or winter. I have fond memories of hitting large volumes of standing water in my Cup, it was like being a passenger for a few seconds!

Golf R
we don't know how old he is though - could be 20 for all we know?

get yourself on a carlimits day or something similar - out on an airfield learning how your car handles - well worth it!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Im pleased i had 2 1.4's before i got my 182, definetly made me respect my 182 for what it is :p

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

get yourself on a carlimits day or something similar - out on an airfield learning how your car handles - well worth it!
Age isn't experience. Just be careful, take time to learn the car and resist the urge to show off. We've all done it, I once nearly ended up under a truck trying to demo lift off in a saxo.

Very nice first car.

My first car was a 1.4, only just about to get a Cup at 22.

Good to hear you're getting standard wheels on.

I wouldnt turn down a cup either, but I know full well if I had a cup as my first car I wouldnt be here to type this now!

As for jealous... Not really

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Its had a new front bumper at some point as well, no black stickers on either side of the bumper inserts. Only know because mine was the same.

Still a nice car and im sure you'll love it :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see what all the fuss is about tbh, as long as you take it easy for the first couple of weeks, to get used to the power then you should be fine.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I think we've scared the sh1t out of this guy! :eek:
And for a good purpose too. Lovely car, now keep it shiney-side up and you'll be fine :)

Surely, take it for a run around a track sometime to see what it/you can do but for Christ sake be sensible on the roads

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
First car? That's pretty impressive. Please don't go showing off in it though ;)

Clio 1.2 Billabong
it might be his first car that he's owned, but could have been driving his parents for a few years or something?

Cup Packed FF200
I agree with most who have urged caution with this one.

Age doesn't even matter that much, its the lack of driving experience that worries me.

I did plenty of silly things on the first few months even years after passing my test - we all do due to lack of experience, and having a slow(er) car probably prevented me doing even more stupid things.

The 172 is built to be quick - lets be honest.

The only saving grace is that cars are alot safer now (air bags etc) but thats not a substitute for driving experience.

As for getting insured on this one - named driver on parents policy is smacking me in the face.

Clio 99' 1.2
All good comments, but even if your good on track doesn't mean you will be safe on the road, reading the road is difficult and takes years to learn, going faster just gives u less time before that corner/gravel/ditch. Try having a rally lesson in something like a 205, teaches u how to react and control a car when there's little-no grip, at safe speeds.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

y are u all an about the power of the cup i have been on a 189bhp r1 with 1 hell of a bite since i was 17 i am 21 now and i now need a car so i went 4 looks not power i got the bike 4 speed :)

53 Clio's & counting
fair play buddy i dont think people are talking about stright line speed as its not lightening quick the clio, we mean how fast it can carry speed through corners, i too have had plenty of experience with fast bikes, and it does not prepare you for driving a car fast

only looking out for you

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
fair play buddy i dont think people are talking about stright line speed as its not lightening quick the clio, we mean how fast it can carry speed through corners, i too have had plenty of experience with fast bikes, and it does not prepare you for driving a car fast

only looking out for you

i know that but i got the car because i like the look of it not 4 speed and what not i have my bike 4 that cup= 140-150mph r1= 190+