ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 1st attempt at hydro dipping

Clio 172
As above, gave it a try and I'm happy with the results. Going to do all my interior bits, engine cover and maybe my bullets.

IMG_20150412_152607747_HDR_zpsbsfointv.gif

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Any chance you could link to a guide of how you do it, where to buy the stuff. Also where did you do it, would it f**k your bath tub up if you did it in there.

Forgot to say they look amazing, really quality job there.

Clio 172
Yeah it would make a mess of your bath tub, and activator sticks too. I just read a bit then trial and error, not as easy as it looks.

I was quoted £50 by a place local to me, so if you sent them to me £30 plus postage back.

Thanks gaz

Clio 172
Yeah give it ago. It isn't simple, you still have to prep, prime, clear coat and polish like you would paint. Instead of painting you dip, only thing I would say is a proper tank is a must, heated and filtered. I tried in a plastic tank and fail.

Clio Sport 197 Cup
How much for dash strips including centre hazard piece! I'd ask about the steering wheel piece but I can't get the dam thing off.

RB Clio 182
How much for dash strips including centre hazard piece! I'd ask about the steering wheel piece but I can't get the dam thing off.

Just lift your airbag slightly at the bottom, get something under your insert to lift it far enough to get your finger under and pull, it does come out with a bit of a pull and a wiggle.

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 197 Cup
Just lift your airbag slightly at the bottom, get something under you insert to lift it far enough to get you finger under and pull, it does come out with a bit of a pull and a wiggle.
Cheers buddy! If it's that easy that too.