ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 182, after a 'different' cleaning technique

2002 172
after a good clean thursday at work, on friday i decided it needed to be shinier, so i got busy with the glass cleaner. cleaned the whole car in it and it brought it up lovely :cool: next one to try is mr sheen, i would have tried it today after i chamoised it but its now started raining :dapprove:

anyway here's how it looked at work friday lunch time

DSC00210.jpg

and here's a couple i took of the 2 cars together, before cleaning last sunday morning when i popped round to a mates house who had just got his 172

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

You cleaned your car with glass cleaner?

I think the reason its not done is the chemicals in the cleaner are not meant for the paint lol

2002 172
every car ive had ive done in glass cleaner and never had a problem. the mr sheen clean will be 'interesting' lol

its for a detail when the weather gets better anyway and any bits that need spraying will get sprayed :)

2002 172
nope no joke.

i guess the detailing police are on their way lol...

im pretty sure the paint can withstand some glass cleaner, its made to withstand most weathers, a bit of glass cleaner is no problem...

106 GTi
Autoglym recommend using their Fast Glass on paintwork - to remove any old wax and polish on it! Bye to any protection you had on your paintwork. Does an nice job of cleaning as your found.

You mention Mr Sheen, speak to most bikers and that is what they use on there motorcycles.

fiesta 1.25
why?Are these the only products you know of?Even if it doesnt do any harm which i think it probably why are you not using something like srp,egp?

2002 172
i have no protection on the paint as of yet. i am waiting untill the weather gets abit better to have the car fully detailed.

i used to use mr sheen on my bike, and it was fine. the frame came up lovely with it, so did the wheels

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
if u want shine, there is nice combos of waxs you can use

SRP is a cheap but very good product

2002 172
why?Are these the only products you know of?Even if it doesnt do any harm which i think it probably why are you not using something like srp,egp?

its a quick clean. i normally spend a whole day washing, polishing and sealing any of my cars, i dont like to rush. as said the chemicals in glass cleaner take off the protection. this gives a good base to start a fresh build up....

....also gives me something to do in my lunch hour

2002 172
i really like it on the standard wheels in the silver. think it looks fresh.

just mr sheen'd it and now the paint feels like glass. feels better than any car polish ive used before, granted the feel wont last as long but its nice to know it can come up that well in around 10 minutes. perfect for the show season :cool:

2002 172
different!

love the black 172!

the black 172 is a very nice car. hes booked in for his wheels to be refurbed. for some reason it is stupidly quick, absolutely anialated my 182, seemed to pick up real quick. dont know whats up with mine. plus im averaging 28.3 mpg and getting around 200-230 miles per tank and im using v-power every time. crazy...

S

Ste 185

Is that you in the pic???

why not try glass cleaner on your head... numpty!!!!!!!!!