ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Feels slow

172 SPORT PH2
On way home, and a pathetic 1.1 toyota thing over took me, and i thought im not aving this, but on the charge towards it it felt like it took forever!

Anyone else feel that the 172 has lost power, and just feel slow! or maybe i just got over the power and need something a bit quicker

172 SPORT PH2
what do you mean its spam u fool, its a general question! not spam, i being driving it about 30 mins, do they actually stay at 172, or do they wear down , so id be currently running about 168 bhp or summate ?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
what do you mean its spam u fool, its a general question! not spam, i being driving it about 30 mins, do they actually stay at 172, or do they wear down , so id be currently running about 168 bhp or summate ?

Wear down:lolup:

Lol, I being thinking thats f**king priceless! :clown:

Mind your fingers Roy-this guys sharp :cool:

yea slow as feck! no pull , maybe i should put a decent exhaust, full system with de cat, see if there any difference lol

Wonders how long until Roy tells you to get on a track :rasp:

How long have you had the car? It might be just a case of that you've gotten use to it now. A couple of fairly quick cars I've had in the past, when I've 1st started driving them they push you back in your seat due to acceleration but after a while (after you've gotten use to it) they've felt sluggish and on many occasions I've thought something was wrong with it.

clio 172 phase 2
On way home, and a pathetic 1.1 toyota thing over took me, and i thought im not aving this, but on the charge towards it it felt like it took forever!

Anyone else feel that the 172 has lost power, and just feel slow! or maybe i just got over the power and need something a bit quicker

Sold my 182 and purchased a 172 phase 2 recently, pocketed the change;)
To be honest the 172 feels just as quick as the 182. No differnce at all really, both standard with no mods. If you are having problems with 1.1 toyota's,:lolup: GET UR CAR CHECKED OUT!!

MCS R56
Either your car is a fake 172 or you can't drive or the 1.1 Toyota was in fact a 3.0 twin turbo Supra and you were never gonna get close to it.

Open the bonnet and have a look for something that says 1.2L. Then you'll have your answer.

ph1 172
Either your car is a fake 172 or you can't drive or the 1.1 Toyota was in fact a 3.0 twin turbo Supra and you were never gonna get close to it.

Open the bonnet and have a look for something that says 1.2L. Then you'll have your answer.

exactly...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

168bhp is standard, most mildly modded ones get a realistic 160+bhp.

'02 Monaco Blue 172
even if yours is well down on power, to be beaten by a 1.1 with probably about 60bhp!??? cant drive/wrong gear/car is fecked??

Mk2 1.2 Campus

If you had 168bhp when it was new you'd consider yourself very lucky

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
even if yours is well down on power, to be beaten by a 1.1 with probably about 60bhp!??? cant drive/wrong gear/car is fecked??
If you read the first post you'd have realised he was only suprised at how long it took him to catch up and overtake, not be beaten by a 1.1

Probably just getting used to the power, im going through that stage at the mo, havent had my 172 long, I was bored of the power after 3 days of ownership

The thing is, you will always crave more power until you are satisfied with what you have, or the wallet says no

The track enthusiasts will ofcourse say its not about power, its about weight/suspension/brakes but really its how you use your car and what suits you best

Maybe think about giving it a service if it hasnt had one recently done, may help it livin up a little if its overdue

MCS R56
What car have you come from? I've not heard anyone say they were bored with the power after 3 days!

You are revving the car over 5000rpm, right? Nothing happens until then.

Idea...buy something fast, or are you just pretending to own a 172?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
What car have you come from? I've not heard anyone say they were bored with the power after 3 days!

You are revving the car over 5000rpm, right? Nothing happens until then.

Idea...buy something fast, or are you just pretending to own a 172?

Yes ive been rumbled, i dont own a 172 just a 1.2 :).......jokes ;-)

Im well aware that you have to rev them well over 5000rpm to even see any results from them

I came from a saxo vts with breathing mods, 4-2-1 mani, pugsport de-cat back and forced air filter set-up

I dare say both cars are exactly the same performance wise, and I think the clio isnt as fun, because you're only going as quick as a 1.6 can with minimal modifications, which leaves a sour taste in my mouth

No disrespect to the 172 though, i love it, its much better built but the costs of the extra tax, insurance and fuel bill just dont seem worth it

Im yet to modify it but after seeing some of the results on here i hope they can give the same difference the cit/pug lump can for around the same money

Mods im looking at are:

ITG panel filter
AAS Custom de-cat back system
Possibly buy another 182 manifold and fit that
Matched inlets
Rs tuner generic map

Im hoping to reach around 170 bhp with all of the above done (hope is a big word)

I actually use to love the engine in my 1.2 Clio! Don't knock them ;)
They like to rev freely, and just like the 172, the power band was much higher than my current car which is boring :(

Evo
Alotta uncalled for critism here lol. Dont think these renaultsport clios are made for straight line speed, mine feels sluggish on the motorway when havig it :(

But on the country roads it feels more than capable!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
What's one of those? :eek:
Raceland Forced Air Filter, actually made quite a difference, tried it with open induction and then putting the forced cover on and made quite a difference

I like all sorts of driving and i think the vts with a few little mods (quite cheap) can be a very capable car, Im just hoping that the clio will do the same :)

Mk4 .:R32
I'd put it down to you being in the wrong gear to be honest.

you should have ripped him a new ass hole