ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 detailed. Brilliant results. 56k no.

Well, after a long trip in Oz, and my car being left out in the elements, plus poor washing techniques by me and the previous owner, it was time to get the car pc'd and brought back to life.

I wanted to visit Portsmouth (no really ;) ) so chose ady225 at www.shine-detailing.co.uk to work the magic. He was assisted by Day.

Arrived at just before 9am after a run down with a mate in my 106 GTi, and left the car with ady.

Some pics before detail;

ShineDetailingLeeEmery001.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery004.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery006.jpg

Washing;

ShineDetailingLeeEmery009.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery011.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery015.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery016.jpg

New go faster stripes added;

ShineDetailingLeeEmery022.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery024.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery025.jpg

Somewhere in the middle;

ShineDetailingLeeEmery031.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery032.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery034.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery035.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery051.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery052.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery054.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery055.jpg

And a few after;

ShineDetailingLeeEmery056.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery059.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery062.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery063.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery064.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery066.jpg

ShineDetailingLeeEmery067.jpg

Really pleased with how well it came up. I have even bought a wash mitt to try and minimise the swirls coming back. Looks awesome in the sun.

Cheers again to ady and day (damian?), nice to meet you both.

www.shine-detailing.co.uk

defects removing taylor ?

only way that i know of to do silver is to take it into a dark room and light it with halogens

thats what i am going to have to do with mine

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
tbh there arnt really many defects on it, paints in really good condition its just a boring as hell colour unless its inder direct light

Ady or Day will have to answer that one. All I know is, the wax they used smelt like Bubblegum. :D

nattys blue ?

I know P21 was mentioned. Not sure whether it was used or not though, ady mentioned what he was using about 5 seconds after mentioning the pub round the corner, so mind was elsewhere.

Managed to get rid of a few scratches as well. I had one that went most of the way along the passenger side (from a hedge I presume) and it's not there anymore.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Day actually doing something?

Ive just dusted myself down and got back in my chair to post this.

Oh cheers learn something new everday. White as in faded you mean obviously.

No, white as in from the polish. When the polish dries, it turns to a white powder, and the plastic parts on the car are generally textured. It's pretty much impossible to get the white powder out of the plastic.

There may be other reasons too, but that's the only reason that I know of.

I hate looking at polish stains on plastics, it gets my goat - hence the over use of masking tape.

I hate looking at polish stains on plastics, it gets my goat - hence the over use of masking tape.

You hate finding any polish remaining, from when you finished the car, until I left you were walking round buffing this and that lol.

lol at the plug.

Great work as always addy, can you just confirm what you used this time round ? still using sfx pads ?

M140i
Takes around 8 hours to get it done properly, if I has my way id have each car for at least a couple of days lol!!!!!!!!!

phase 1 172
in the picture u can c the polisher has left faint swirls, mine does this all the time y is this and do u just keep doin it til it goes?

in the picture u can c the polisher has left faint swirls, mine does this all the time y is this and do u just keep doin it til it goes?

Really? Which picture out of interest? I haven't noticed any in the pictures, or on the car!! :S

Please tell me you're not on about the latest two pictures, as I was taking the piss, the car is filthy in those two.

phase 1 172
no i wasnt funny enuf, on the 16th picture down its a closeup of the panel! not slaggin off ya wk only mentioned cuz i hav that all the time!