ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup!!!!!!!

Here is a link for pictures of my 172 cup. Please give me opinions or if you have any questions, i would be happy to answer. Modifications are stated below. Yes, i know that the engine bay is dirty! Many Thanks, Ollie.

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r215/oliverbrown84/

Engine:-
Simota Carbon Charger Induction Kit
Rsport Group N ECU Remap
K-Tec Modified Inlet Manifold
Powerflow Custom Cat-back Exhaust System
Magnecor Ignition Leads

Brakes:-
Brembo HC Front Brake Discs
EBC Yellowstuff Front Brake Pads
Mintex Rear Brake Discs
EBC Redstuff Rear Brake Pads
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines

Suspension:-
Apex -40mm Lowering Springs
K-Tec Rear Carbon Strut Brace

ICE:-
Standard Renault Head Unit
Infinity Reference 5020i Coxials x 4
JBL GTO Tweeters

WHEELS AND TYRES:-
16inch Standard Speedline Turinis
Falken ZE-512 195/45/16 Tyres all round

COSMETICS:-
Silvervision Bulbs all round
White LED sidelight bulbs
Richbrook Tax Disc Holder

WANTED:-
Alpine CDA-9854r Head Unit
Standard 172 Engine Cover
K-Tec Chrome Front Strut Brace
Cup Splitter
172 Cup Mats (www.ebay.co.uk)
Simota Twin Charger Induction Kit

PROBLEMS:-
CV Joint Gone
Engine Mount Gone
Engine Bay Dirty

Last edited:
nice that...
H&Rs next?
Do the strut braces do anything?

Nah, i cant be bothered with H&Rs. Im happy with my apex springs.

Yeah the rear strut brace stops the back end from flexing. Ive got a chrome front strut to fit from K-Tec to put on soon

how comes the cup came without the cup splitter? is this normal?

nice looking cup, but be careful with strut braces, been told by a chap who does auto engineering that the clios setup is so precise from factory (even on lower models like my 1.2) that putting extra "anti flex" bits and pieces in like strutters will really have an affect on the handling, in a bad way.

nice engine mods though, have you had it rolling roaded?

jamie

how comes the cup came without the cup splitter? is this normal?

nice looking cup, but be careful with strut braces, been told by a chap who does auto engineering that the clios setup is so precise from factory (even on lower models like my 1.2) that putting extra "anti flex" bits and pieces in like strutters will really have an affect on the handling, in a bad way.

nice engine mods though, have you had it rolling roaded?

jamie

Iuse to have a splitter but it snapped when going over a nasty bump. Nah i ait had it rolling roaded. I wonder what bhp over the standard 172bhp.

More opinions welcome. Ive just got the k-Tec Chrome Strut Brace and Im now also wanting to get the fuel rail guard and plenum polished. I was thinking about getting the sound changed on my cup to make it sound more louder and to pop and bang a bit.