ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 172 cup example and car before :)

late 2003 172cup
well few years ago i was going to buy a cup but i ended up with a saxo vts, good car by the way no matter what reputation they have. i was sad to see it go, then i had an astra gsi turbo which was courtenay tuned to 260bhp and 310 lb/ft. that was fun. i sold my astra about 2 month ago and was looking for a 2003-2004 audi A4 tdi sport with the audi body kit, drove one and loved it, but everytime one came about it sold before i got a chance to view. and any that were for sale were overpriced or a bit rough. so i one sunday i scanned the auto, adtrader and pistonheads to find this beauty. i will be removing the stripes when i detail it later this year. its known from here anyway. i am pleased its better on fuel, not really quicker but its not slow thats for sure. bit of a gokart but fun to drive when you want to drive if you know what i mean ;)
here some pics

DSC01968.jpg

DSC01975.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

i like to detail too, not really paint corrected this yet. it needs it tho.
cheeky snowfoam pic :) i hope to machine it in march maybe and get it like a mirror with no swirls! looking into a splitter too.

DSC01888.jpg

and my much loved astra gsi :( thats now gone to the plymouth area.

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

014f7cf5.jpg

i miss my astra tho. never mind got my hgv licence and a nice little cup in its place.

i do hope to make some meets at some point but you will have to fit around my astra owners club meets, made some good friends with that club :)

cheers

brucey:D

Last edited:
  320d
Nice Cup mate. Not a fan of the stripes though. Why do you miss your Astra? Cup's surely a better car.

172 cup
Very nice cup, makes me want to get my wheels done.

Not fancying the stripes though, think they only look semi ok on RB

Barge
Stripes are terrible - you do right to get those off. Wheels look great in white. I always thought white was amazing with RB, but they really do seem to suit the cup in those pics!

late 2003 172cup
Was this from Coventry?

wellingboro?

i do plan to take the stripes off, when i phoned up to view my first question was do them stripes come off. when he said yes it was sold! previous owner bought it from renault and it had stripes on it already.

i went to remove them the other day but they went behind number plate on the rear, and it seems that the number plate is stuck on not screwed. so i will wait for the damp weather to go and get the stripes off it and fit the numberplate back on with the screws i hope, just hope the stripes are not hiding any marks or scratches :(

cheers for the comments :)

arctic 182 ff
looks tidy that i like it,sure it will look better when the stripes are off but as you say all in due time !!

SQ5
Looks good mate, now you just need to get yourself to an EA meet :D

Where abouts in Norfolk are you from?

late 2003 172cup
I hope to make a meet soon. ;)
I have had mixed comments on the stripes. Kind of 50 50.
It has a piper cat back exhaust. Lower dog mount? Apex springs. They were brand new toyo's allround. Brembo disc's. Braided brake hoses. K and n panel filter. 69k on the clock and was registered late dec 2003.

Thanks again. :)

late 2003 172cup
Nice Cup mate. Not a fan of the stripes though. Why do you miss your Astra? Cup's surely a better car.

Cheers mate.
Both cars are good. Cup is like a toy. Astra is like a smooth toy. You have to appreciate both cars for what they are. I have respect for alot of cars. My astra was faster over a ton. I think it looked better too. But like I said every car has its flaws and good points. I hate civic type R's tho. And I loved my cup for pulling away from one ;)

I am from cromer in norfolk ;)

Last edited:
  clio 172 cup
This was MY CAR! :) Glad to c ur looking after it..told u u'd get mixed responses on the stripes, i personally liked them and decided to keep them on the car.

late 2003 172cup
This was MY CAR! :) Glad to c ur looking after it..told u u'd get mixed responses on the stripes, i personally liked them and decided to keep them on the car.

How are you buddy. Did not expect to see you on here after the sale ;) she is going well mate. I caught an alloy in the snow the other day :( what did I say. Lol. You will have to pop by and see it on here when I machine it later on this year. :)

S4 Avant
Looks nice, and will be even better with the stripes off.

Sounds like you know what you're doing, good man!

late 2003 172cup
Looks nice, and will be even better with the stripes off.

Sounds like you know what you're doing, good man!

Thanks. I nearly had a trophy for 6.5k. But spent half instead ;) Shame as trophy is my fav clio. Would of been nice in a blue tho.