ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 project thread

1.2 dynamique
Right being 18 and having crashed i cant afford anything nicer so please dont slam me.
Got myself a 1.2 dynamique
photo.php

currently im on a small budget so im using hard graft to do eveythink myself :)

right so wheels are done ive painted them matt black
home.php

calipers are done in red
got myself a silly halfrauds ripseed dvd player
home.php

resprayed strips and diamonds
home.php

home.php

ok so odviously no serious progress yet
sill to come
ps2 in glove box
lowering (might cost to much) :(
turbo
colour code side strips and bumper strips

anyone got any recommendations :)?
especially cheap ones:)

Last edited:
B

bigrich690

ok well cant wait to see the photo's and i dont like to critisize but cant wait to see you put a turbo in there aspecially if your on a budget and dont think you'll afford the suspension :rasp:

Right being 18 and having crashed i cant afford anything nicer so please dont slam me.
Got myself a 1.2 dynamique
28369_397636827582_539397582_4654652_6363690_n.jpg

currently im on a small budget so im using hard graft to do eveythink myself :)

right so wheels are done ive painted them matt black
28419_394417437582_539397582_4571177_6270798_n.jpg

calipers are done in red
got myself a silly halfrauds ripseed dvd player
28369_397635947582_539397582_4654641_7375633_n.jpg

resprayed strips and diamonds
28369_397636502582_539397582_4654649_6036019_n.jpg

28369_397636827582_539397582_4654652_6363690_n.jpg

ok so odviously no serious progress yet
sill to come
ps2 in glove box
lowering (might cost to much) :(
turbo
colour code side strips and bumper strips

anyone got any recommendations :)?
especially cheap ones:)

Fixed

B

bigrich690

hey chill, if your gonna turbo a 1.2 then go for it, i gathered that would cost, but clearly i am mistaken, good luck kido, will keep my eye on this project, and bet you could get some lowering done on the cheap there ;)

1.2 dynamique
thanks big rich, to be honest lowering is my top priority but without a mate who can help sort of thing im looking at 480 which i cant afford:<
also how do make that the post jake?

S4 Avant
I'm loving this. Being 18, not being able to afford insurance on anything, and deciding the best thing to do is turbo a 1.2

thanks big rich, to be honest lowering is my top priority but without a mate who can help sort of thing im looking at 480 which i cant afford:<
also how do make that the post jake?

Report it and wait for the mods to save you :rasp:

haha and isnt it going to destroy my dampers if i got over 40mm which lets be fair isnt enough

Ive dropped mine 40 and its loads better than looking like a tractor. :)

Tbh mate, I think you are being completely unrealistic with the turbo.

B

bigrich690

haha and isnt it going to destroy my dampers if i got over 40mm which lets be fair isnt enough

erm well i'm down to around 60-70mm back on mine with different shocks, but front is about 50mm with standard shocks and 3yrs later and my car is fine and its a 182, f**k what everyone else says do what you feel like its your car just remember ppl will critisize because of what you say in your thread, it'll be fine no one like what i've done to my car in the past and i only cry myself to sleep 3 times a week now :D

1.2 dynamique
haha thanks mate well to be honest i may be dreaming about the turbo but if i can make it happen i will, so do you think i can take it down a reasonable amount like 50mm without f**king it up?
and anyone knwo any decent places to get cheap springs:)

haha thanks mate well to be honest i may be dreaming about the turbo but if i can make it happen i will, so do you think i can take it down a reasonable amount like 50mm without f**king it up?
and anyone knwo any decent places to get cheap springs:)

Im sure 50mm will be fine, but you will have to deal with a quite bumpy ride and the possibility of the shocks failing.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/ for springs, mine were about £80 delivered next day i think :)

Stagecoach Ticket
eibach sportlines are like £100 spring 30mm drop standard dampers etc will be fine, only thing that may go slightly quicker than before are suspension top mounts.

Good ambition buddy but a clio 1.2 16v lump will be epically hard to turbo would be better off just getting a 2.0 lump put in

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
And how much do you think it's gonna go up by if you do these mods!

You're skint already, nobody is having a go at you mate, just properly advising you before you bloody bankrupt yourself, do somethin stupid i.e not declare mods or ruin your engine!

1.2 dynamique
unlimited mods lol and, the turbo idea is just an idea i want to do and i can but i havent properly looked into it properly yet

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Why don't you just wait a couple of years, and buy a 172 and turbo that or something? You'd probably be cheaper doing that way instead of paying 3 grand a year on an unlimited mods policy on a 1.2 LOL.

B

bigrich690

i think i can see what your trying to say but i got to agree with these lot, your 18, crashed in past, just go for looks on the car and build up your no claims bonus, 3grand for insurance is alot, most i ever falked out was 2k and that was a long time ago, trust me and everyone else who got a bit of experiance behind them, play with looks and experinment with those first, by time your done getting her how you want her to look you'll be bored and end up a clio sport owner :D, hows that for a speach!

1.2 dynamique
lol unlimited mods is a perk, would cost 3 grand regardless
i rang every insurance company and that was the cheapest, just happened to have mods on it

and ok :) i wotn turbo it
stupid idea ill concentrate on lowering for now

B

bigrich690

well thats alot to take in all at once lol but if you still do turbo it in the end will take my hat off, think of it this way, they do a 1.2 turbo in the new clio :cool:

1.2 dynamique
aye but the amount ive been slated i cba to argue im just gona agree and also now were done slating my plans help me make some more plans
cant decide on the colour scheme im gonna use want something bright?

B

bigrich690

well black is always a good and easy option which your already going for so far, there are so many clios on here that will give you insperation, start there and see how they were slated, you might find the slating you got was mild, infact i guarantee it was a mild 'en :D