ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mwuhahahaha, Powaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
got boost? lol!

IMG_0087.jpg

DMS

A thirsty 172
Meh. I'll be going up to 1.2 bar soon enough. Only 1 bar ATM so I'll hopefully get close to or over 300.
Would like to see the OP's car though. Any pics knocking about?

Not trying to thread hijack BTW :p

340i
Built on a drive just big enough for a Clio iirc... And the cylinders bored out by a man in a van with a drill, then cleaned with a garden hose pipe LOl!!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lol, now now lads didnt mean for a kick off here ;-) lol!

ai engine was a bit of a pikie build, man in the van did his bit, karscher did its job washing the bores and crank off and my mitts got the piston rings compressed ;-) so nto exactly F1 territory but seems to do the job

foxy mate, its still on pikie chip, feel free to swing by, i'm at my parents till monday night in the motor, xerus appreciation pics required maybe if yours is finished yet??

Mr Gray, i shalt be kicking about the bodyshop soon, but cars likely to be in bits, will pop in for a chatter tho anyway :)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Good effort mate, nice to see people using there initative and building something themselves :)

Not everyone is mechanically minded though, so you cant take anything away from someone who wants an extreme clio (like coops') paying some one else to do it. It's just one of those things. Obviously on the plus side if something goes wrong with Coops car at least he'll be able to pull it to bits and sort it out where as DMS will probably have to go back to ktec.

Mines in for mapping on the 7th June so if all goes well I might be able to join in with the dick measuring comp ;), What turbo you running Coops?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i didnt build it originally myself, i had no mechanical knowledge really and bought one that someone else had spent the silly money on, then i blew it up................only option was to nip the frauds, but some spanners and crack on ;-) never looked back!

DMS.....you not had a dice up with the naples mk 1 kicking about in sutton ever? i'm up that way quite a bit as well, skegby and mansfield etc, never spotted anything remotely quick enough to put up a fight as yet ;-)

stevieh, my dick is GT28RS flavoured :)

current map is 16psi. so 1.1 bar, remapping it at 1.5 bar later in the year

DMS

A thirsty 172
DMS.....you not had a dice up with the naples mk 1 kicking about in sutton ever? i'm up that way quite a bit as well, skegby and mansfield etc, never spotted anything remotely quick enough to put up a fight as yet ;-)

If you mean the red one driven by the dude with the Afro then yes, but it was way back when my car was bog standard. It obliterated me, couldn't believe how quick it was. I've seen it knocking about quite a lot though, and it's ALWAYS on the boost. Must spend half its time at the petrol station.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai, thats Dan mate, he does like his boost! lol! good lad though and doesnt half know his way round a clio ;-) same spec as mine, he pulled 267bhp@ 14psi today on the rollers, he wasnt happy that i pulled more but his is fuelling better! lol!

stevie, comps down to....well not sure really.pistons are 8.0:1, heads been skimmed at least twice and its on a 1.6mm kevlar gasket. as such getting it accurate is hard but at a guess the skimming will cancel the thicker gasket, so about 8.0:1!!!! lol!

DMS

A thirsty 172
I don't know him myself but as I say, I've seen it about quite a lot. Sounds nice too :)
I don't live in Sutton anymore so I probably won't see him/it from now on.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
off the road again atm, pikie blew his clutch apart then tried to weld it up.........guys at the RR werent impressed with having to push it onto the rollers and start it in gear! lmao!

williams 2,seat leon
mine was about the same torque figure around 251 with 30 brake less, but a willy lump not a valver one. any way a year later its running again and goes in mid june to get mapped again and more boost. i'll beat your figures then i tell thee.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
tbh man, its not safe as it is, according to the RR man the AFR is pointing towards and i quote 'melted piston territory' which i dont get as its been at this boost and driven like i stole it, inc santa pod a lot, for about 18 months or more now and not gone bang..........and the last rolling road put it at 277bhp and decent enough AFR, so i'm a bit confused

either way i'm backing it off to 14psi or less until i can check over the fuel pump and regulator as i suspect one or the other is wearing out/not keeping up

its getting mapped properly at 21psi later in the year anyway, but i want it safe until then to protect my pikie build engine! lol!