ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Music software

Clio 182 inferno
Folks im looking for some music software which enables you to extract various layers of music from a song and mix various songs together.
Anyone know of anything available and where i can get it from?
Thanx peeps

182 Full of Fat
Cubase or sonar x1 I use through work, can prob find trials on steinberg or cakewalk website.

Octy VRS
Layers? If you mean just taking the vocals etc it's virtually impossible. You'll need to piss about with filters and effects and you'll still never get a clean acapella.

Clio 182 inferno
Vocals, different beats and sounds making up the song.
Ive been told 'ableton' is good but just went on the website and its 450 euros!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Ideally you need to get copies of all the different stems that make up the track for stuff like that.

S3, HD Nightster
Unless you fancy trying your luck persuading a record label to let you remix one of their tracks, you'll be very lucky to get hold of raw audio for anything. Having said that acapellas can be found fairly easily.

If you want something to get you started, check out http://www.realworldremixed.com

I doubt you will have heard many of the tracks on there BUT they do give you the full raw audio package. Great for chucking into your chosen DAW and having a play with.

For all production/remixing/etc the three main ones are Pro Tools, Cubase and Logic. I use Cubase (When I get a mac pro I'll be switching to Logic). For DJ'ing it's Ableton or Tracktor. I use Ableton. Virtual DJ is good, quite basic and ideal for a beginner but I actually started with fruity loops.

Ableton is a fantastic piece of software but if don't have experience, it will take a while for you to get up to speed.

BTW all I have mentioned above are available through less than legal channels in the same way you would get films/music.

Clio 182 inferno
Thanks nick.
I'll have a try with some of the software youve mentioned.
I think what im trying to do is virtually imposs.

I'll try the ones youve said mate and let you know how i get on.

Thanx again