ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Msn Messenger - How to check if someone has blocked you ?

I have recently started using Msn Messeneger again and was wandering if there is any way of checking to see if someone has blocked you.

Cause a few of my contacts have been offline or have stepped out some of the time.

Although i know you can appear to others as being offline or stepped out by selecting it, is this the same for blocking someone ?

Or if someone had blocked you, would it say "Blocked" where it says offline & stepped out ?

Or would it not tell you at all ?

And if you were blocked by a contact would you be able to send them instant messages (i.m's) offline for them to read when they come back on ?

Cheers and sorry if it sounds silly.

Better than yours. C*nt.
If you're blocked, messages sent (either online or offline) are not delivered. As for block checkers - google it, there's a load of them. All they can do though is see if they show as online - which means if they've set so that only people on their contact list can see their status and send messages, then it won't be able to tell you.

Although i know you can appear to others as being offline or stepped out by selecting it, is this the same for blocking someone ?

Or if someone had blocked you, would it say "Blocked" where it says offline & stepped out ?

And if you were blocked by a contact would you be able to send them instant messages (i.m's) offline for them to read when they come back on ?

appearing offline is the same as being online but nobody can see you

if someone blocked you then they will appear offline permanetly, it will not tell you if your have been blocked

if you were blocked, you can still open their window and type etc but the message will not be delivered.

there are programs which tell you '' you can see who has blocked you '' but they are all msn virus' so i wouldn't reccommend any for obvious reasons

If you're blocked, messages sent (either online or offline) are not delivered. As for block checkers - google it, there's a load of them. All they can do though is see if they show as online - which means if they've set so that only people on their contact list can see their status and send messages, then it won't be able to tell you.

Ok cheers, i tried a few block checkers from Google.
I used it to check out my msn user name when i was still signed in as online and there was 2 of them that said i was offline :(

Lot of goo they are. :(

if someone blocked you then they will appear offline permanetly, it will not tell you if your have been blocked

if you were blocked, you can still open their window and type etc but the message will not be delivered.

there are programs which tell you '' you can see who has blocked you '' but they are all msn virus' so i wouldn't reccommend any for obvious reasons

Ah well i thought here would be a way of finding out :(

Would it say it was delivered or not in the conversations history that stored on computer if you sent a message on or offline when blocked or not ? ?

Ah well i thought here would be a way of finding out :(

Would it say it was delivered or not in the conversations history that stored on computer if you sent a message on or offline when blocked or not ? ?
i think sometimes it does say ''msg not delivered'' but nope, wont tell you...

M2 Competition

Thats not strictly true fella. Yes some that appear in a google search will have viruses hidden in them, but ive used this one a few times with good results...

http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com/

Snatch with DIY mods.
if you think somebody has blocked you. attach a note to a brick and throw it through their window,asking them:D

LOL and i just got rickrolled:eek: :star:

Thats not strictly true fella. Yes some that appear in a google search will have viruses hidden in them, but ive used this one a few times with good results...

http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com/

That site doesn't work :(

Just says i got rickrolled :boring:

M2 Competition
rickastley_choice.jpg

after seeing pop ups on msn saying '' wana know who blocked you click here '' iv never trusted any application that says it will reveal who blocked you...
but if that does the job i retract what i said

Cupra
Check out a program called "Evil MSN". No Viruses and it has some fun features if you are that way inclined... it also says it can check if you are blocked but I have not tested it.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Gaim messenger will show you who has you added on thier friends list and who doesnt. Its a good indication :)

Yaris Hybrid
You can go in the privacy settings and view the list of people that have you currently added to their list. Generally speaking it is a sad person who will block someone but not delete them.

I also refuse to talk to people who set themselves to appear offline.

Sorry if i sound sad boy and girls.

The thing is i have never really used msn messenger and only wandered if you could know if you've been blocked :(

And why some people appear offline all the time.

Sorry.

You can go in the privacy settings and view the list of people that have you currently added to their list. Generally speaking it is a sad person who will block someone but not delete them.

I also refuse to talk to people who set themselves to appear offline.

Where is the privacy settings ?