ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MSA battery isolation scuttle panel

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Hello

I want to install a battery switch to the scuttle panel. Firstly as the car is no longer road legal so it’s a another step in it becoming a race car and secondly because when I go to use it it often has a flat battery as it doesn’t move much anymore.

I had one when I had my trusty TVR and even if it was left for a few months I would reinsert the key and it would start on the button.

I want to do this job once so do I need a specific switch/setup? Where best, what’s best? Battery is in the front and will probably stay there.

Cheers in advance

Chris

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
I am also after a kill switch, something that can keep the ignition for inside and a turn or pull know for outside the car.

Car is a 172 cup, ideally after something I can fit to the scuttle panel, dont want to spend the world on cartek or armtech etc. ideally easy to install

any recommendations, diagrams or pics of your stuff please?

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Armtech battery isolator is what you want. Install it near the battery then has a push button for inside and outside the car to kill it. The cheap cut offs won’t work with these as the alternator will keep the engine running. Really smart kit and looks way better than the horrible turn key style stuff.

38049533-DD6B-4E0E-AF45-D57B53943546.jpeg