ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Clutch !!!

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
Having a problem with my clutch which needs replacing.

Have an unbeleivable quote from Mr Clutch - £250 all in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any experiences of this wild bunch ?

Very dubious but would like to hear of any experiences anyone has had particularly with a Clio Sport clutch replacement.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I have heard of two instances where people used this company, both would have enjoyed chewing their own arm off more.

That's just second hand info though, so i'd wait for a few more posts before making a decision.

Seems cheap though. If mine goes, I will be changing it myself.

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
Where are you mate ? Will you do mine for a crate of beer :) ? Have you done one before ?

I could do it myself but dont have a garage that is suitable also put off by the weight of the box. I can visualise many smashed fingers and trips to A & E !

I have heard of two instances where people used this company, both would have enjoyed chewing their own arm off more.

That's just second hand info though, so i'd wait for a few more posts before making a decision.

Seems cheap though. If mine goes, I will be changing it myself.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Haven't done a Clio Sport Clutch before but have done a few on other cars (my m8 has a habbit of burning clutches out and blowing gearbxes to pieces). I plan on learning as I go, it's a risky strategy, but has worked for me so far.

I think there's a guide on here.

I only work on my own cars i'm afraid. If it goes wrong, then it's my money wasted.

'02 Monaco Blue 172
I had a clutch replaced on my old astra by mr clutch (think it was somewhere in manchester) and i've got to say, it was worse after they'd replaced it than before. I took it back a couple of times for them to adjust it but it always juddered when I pulled away in 1st!
Didn't have the car much longer after that!

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
Can you recall if they fitted a new clutch ? I have heard from other sources that they use a recon clutch. I thiught this practice died out years ago !

I have heard they have the friction plates rivetted back onto an old plate. Bad practice this !

I had a clutch replaced on my old astra by mr clutch (think it was somewhere in manchester) and i've got to say, it was worse after they'd replaced it than before. I took it back a couple of times for them to adjust it but it always juddered when I pulled away in 1st!
Didn't have the car much longer after that!

'02 Monaco Blue 172
Not really sure to be honest mate. They we're supposed to replace the whole thing but for all I knew they could've only done half a job or none of it at all!!

I was tempted by the cheap price but ended up worse off! Best thing I would say is get it done somewhere you know is reputable and check what they are replacing, even if it does cost a bit more!

Nothing at the mo :(
my 2nd car *pug 406 lol* went in to MR clutch for a new one.. was fine tbh.. did it faster then they said

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
They replaced it on my Mondeo last year and I have done 25k since and it's been fine and now on 123k with the original slave cylinder and flywheel.

They weren't great tbh, but I didn't care on that car.

It's worth checking car over afterwards and the missed a couple of connectors when putting things back on and therefore meant to car kept cutting out. lol

BMW M135i
Seeing as a clutch is very rarely a straightfoward job and especially not really on a 1*2 I wouldn't want a moron glourified tyre fitter going anywhere near it.

Clio Sport 172 ITB
had a clutch put into my saxo by them and after that the clutch arm on the gearbox after 150miles bent and snapped... dont use them!