ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg

2002 172
how many miles should i be getting roughly out of my 1.2 16v. at the moment ive been driving with a light foot and getting around 300 miles out ov £40 is that bad?

2002 172
its not good is it. my bro gets about 400-425 out of his corsa c but that is standard. just want to know what a standard clio 1.2 16v gets?

Chocolate Bar™
my tripometer reads around 50mpg when driving sensibly in my 1.2 and my manual calculations show its not a million miles out. 30quid took me about 400mile round trip to norwich which wasn't a slow drive, especially as i managed to get the emissions light to come on ;)

I get about 50mpg out the g/f's 1.2 16v driving it nicely.

She probably gets 40mpg town driving etc....

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
Computer says 40mpg, 50/50 town motorway. Usually 380 miles until light comes on then another 40 miles (at a guess) = 420 miles out of around 9.5 gallons = 39.9mpg so pretty accurate. How you guys get 50 ish is...wow! Ive just got to 4000 miles, do u think will improve as engine loosens up?

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
I notice going over 70mph makes a big difference due to the engine reving its head off at over 3500rpm at this speed. filter and pipe may drop a few mpg at most. Key is slow acceleration and a light foot-boring basically!, to get good mpg.

2002 172
yup but still wen im driving slow im getting roughly 120 miles less than you lot its a joke! from empty i put a tenner in and got 77 miles till empty, driving realy light footed!

Clio Mk2 DCI 68
Have you got bigger wheels or tyres? When was car serviced last? Put correct grade of engine oil in, make sure tyres are correct pressure. Give the filter a good clean and re-oil. Have a look at your plugs-they should be brown. Black=rich white=lean (basically,more to it but not enough room to into that here). Sounds silly but are you leaking fuel or could it be evaporating from the charcoal cannister or fuel cap not sealing?

2002 172
yer bigger wheels n that but cars just had new electrics n everything on it really but it was bad b4. ive got a leaking head gasket but its only minor. i dnt seem to be leaking fuel anywhere, i dno really...

2002 172
cheers mate thats probs it. i will have to drive to a place me in my car n ma bro in his and see how much its different.

Focus RS, 182 gone
Do you leave the heated rear screen on all the time and drive round with ur headlights on? yo must be accelerating hard for that mpg. i can do about that in my 182 driving slow

1.2 16v clio
i get just under 50 i dont drive too fast but not 2 slow and i get about bit under 550 miles per full tank if im not wrong. thats wot it workd out as

2002 172
no never got them on accept when dark obviously. getting 300 miles from full tank to the red light coming on for the 1st time. thats driving with light foot.

Oyster Card
I get 38 mpg in my 1.4 which isn't a lot diffrent to a 1.2 and I don't drive exceeding fast, I do however do short jorneys only extra urban so I'm thinking it's about right for stop start driving?

as i said i get about 300miles per tank in my 1.6 and my car doesnt know what it means to be driven light footed.

ST
300 miles from a tank isn't good at all mate....i used to get over 400 miles to a tank from 1.2 16v....i get around 300-330 from a tank in the 182....

Whats the mileage of the car, has the car been serviced recently...

Clio Williams
I get between 250 and 350 miles on a full tank in my williams depending on my driving :race:

none :(
i get 33mpg out my 1.2

thats s**t plus its using double the fuel for the amount of miles i do, its in the stealers today so my pockets are slightly empty

yer this sounds about rihgt to my 1.2 16v too, i can only do 300 or less miles on a full tank till my light goes on, costing about 37 quid to fill up. my mpg read 33.3 and it never seems to change, wheather i drive it normally or stepping onit, ive been trying really hard to do more miles but it aint possible, i drive well light footed now - i only do short distances say like 5 miles stop and then another 5 miles, would this make a difference.

ST
cliobon said:
yer this sounds about rihgt to my 1.2 16v too, i can only do 300 or less miles on a full tank till my light goes on, costing about 37 quid to fill up. my mpg read 33.3 and it never seems to change, wheather i drive it normally or stepping onit, ive been trying really hard to do more miles but it aint possible, i drive well light footed now - i only do short distances say like 5 miles stop and then another 5 miles, would this make a difference.

A big difference mate....try taking the car on a long run, say 200 miles or so down the motorway and back and you should see some better mpg figures....