ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG Issues

Megane RS250
For some reason lately she seems to be burning through fuel, and i haven't been wearing my lead boot at all.

I was thinking of polishing the throttle body, sticking some fuel injector cleaner through her and capping the EGR off.
Also going to clean the ITG air filter out because the lane up to my house is pretty dusty.

Can anyone else throw some ideas in...

Could be the Lambda sensor on the cat, forgot the name but iirc it is responsible for the fueling so could well be it - common thing too.

Only one of the Lambda's does anything as well - so you could try switching them around first. Can't remember which one works though.

Last edited:
  Megane RS250
Could be the Lambda sensor on the cat, forgot the name but iirc it is responsible for the fueling so could well be it - common thing too.

Only one of the Lambda's does anything as well - so you could try switching them around first. Can't remember which one works though.

No idea how to do that if im honest

182s dont have an egr or iacv valve.

Pre cat lambda sensor controls fueling etc. And post cat monitors exhaust gas and pops the old EML light on.

Air temperature has dropped too.

There is two lambda sensors in the exhaust one before the cat and one after. the one before controls fuelling so switch it round with the one from after the cat, if this cures the problem then the lambda is faulty.