ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG Computer in Cup

306 TD Slut
my mpg seems to be all over the place, i reset it once and it shot upto 60mpg..

when i first got the car 2 weeks ago it woud only change every 5 mins or so. so i reset it and it seemed to change as my driving did..

but not it just sits at 28ish and goes up really slowely and down really slowely as if it cant find an everage or something..

is this common? does anyone elses do it?

Golf R/Leon FR
mine goes up and down especially when ive just filled it up, and depending on whether you in traffic or moving it will alter.
although i have a mk1 172 and not a cup but dont imagine they will be much difference in the computer

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
mine doesn't work! overall mileage is there, but everytime you turn the ignition off it resets the trip, ave.speed, mpg, how far til re-fuel etc.

Mine said I did an average of 31 mpg but I only did 230 miles to a full (i.e filled to top and filled back up when light came on) tank. Don't trust it.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I'm in currently on 30.9 MPG buts that because i dont go near a motorway on my way to work. I reset my Trip when i fill up, and it usually shows an accurate reading after a 20/30 miles or so. Mine is usually at 34/35 MPG, but because of this cold weather (and with me starting my car on these cold mornings) its obviously affects it, hence me being at 30.9.

Drive normally and it will read around 35 MPG, but nail it, and it will be more like 31/32 MPG.

Tyson.

I thought this when i got my 182, but realised it is showing the average mpg of the trip, so once you reset the trip computer and turn it onto mpg it will go allover the place as it doesn`t have many miles to calculate the average with so once you have a couple of hundred miles under it`s belt then it will show a more stable figure, hope that helps.

306 TD Slut
MarkCup said:
Yay... ^^^ someone who understands the mathematical concept of averages ;)

lol

yeah i figured that out now that is was the average. the more i drove it tonight(down mororway 20 miles) the morerealistic it was. driving sensibley i.e 5th gear doing 50mph it was 33ish.

willonly trut it on the motorway, but like you said it is only the average over a course of miles.