ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mp3 player

Hi i just joined these forums and hers my question.

I have a 60gb Creative zen xtra nomad jukebox (yeah i know, wtf?)

Now i want to know if thers anyway to hook it up to my car and how to do so and if any what would be the best head unit for it. Thanks.
This player does not come with any digital outputs only the usb to transfer music from the pc and the 3mm jack for the ear phones..

I had originally used the goood ol tape converter thing which worked, but now that iv got my new car it has a cd player as standard.

Clio 172mk2
yer if yer car has a tape u could use that , alternativly , some headunits have 3.5mm jack inputs on front or some alpines have in puts on back for just analogue inputs

05 1.2 Dynamique
my bro just bought a h&b cda 5555 for like 90quid and that had aux-in at the back so he's just got a wire running out of his glove compartment with a headphone jack on the end... i'd give you a link but work have barred it!!!

www.specialreserve.co.uk

TT 225
Buy an Fm transmitter. Illegal to use in this country - but it's not likely that you'll be caught at all - and they cause no harm.

It plugs into the headphone jack and transmits your tunes to an FM station on your radio (ie. 88.0)

Theres tons of them on ebay - or search for makes such as Belkin online

thnaks.
I had looked at that player by h&b and i emailed them with no reponse.
The place that i was gona be buyig it from said that it wouldnt be compatible, but if your bro manages to hook it up keep me informed?

Ph1 172 & others
FM Transmitter is the only rational way of doing it. i used a tape adapter for a few months which worked great but the cable was forever getting broken. I now have a CD Headunit with a usb port on it, this works reasonably well with my iRiver N10 mp3 player but i have found it just seems to charge things like iPods. Never tried it with a Creative so i couldnt give you a definate answer.

Headunit - http://www.buynet.dk/acatalog/cd650.gif - £120 from your local Halfrauds

as for FM Transmitters check out Maplin they are quite good.

Ph1 172 & others
FM Transmitter is the only rational way of doing it. i used a tape adapter for a few months which worked great but the cable was forever getting broken. I now have a CD Headunit with a usb port on it, this works reasonably well with my iRiver N10 mp3 player but i have found it just seems to charge things like iPods. Never tried it with a Creative so i couldnt give you a definate answer.

Headunit - http://www.buynet.dk/acatalog/cd650.gif - £120 from your local Halfrauds

alternatively Fusion do a headunit with the 1/8" jack on it but my mate from Halfrauds said that the Roadstar is better for less money.

as for FM Transmitters check out Maplin they are quite good.

Hope this is of help

ah hellcat your is the plug and play mp3 player while mine si the hd player. The guys at advanced mp3 players.co.uk said that it wouldnt work with my hd player since it only works with the smaller sized mp3 players which are instanly recgnised as sson as you plug them in.

Ph1 172 & others
yeh my iRiver is flash drive based with no HD. It makes sense as when we plugged my mates iPod into it it just charged it and wouldnt play it. i would say your best bet is to get the FM transmitter. My dad has one in his car and it seems to work fine

05 1.2 Dynamique
i tested my bro's cdplayers aux-in today, works perfectly!!!!

i just borrowed the headphone jack - aux plugs from the back of my surround sound system and plugged them in. select aux from the menu on the cdplayer. actually rather good sound quality!