ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mounts??

172 CUP
I'm replacing my top suspension mounts/shocks next week and wanted to know what mounts i need to replace to stiffen up gear changes and engine movement??

Could someone list them and explain what they do so i can order them from Renault please, thanks very much

Dogbone mount?
Engine mounts (upper and lower)?

Not sure if thats right :S

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Get solid ones ollie pure motorsport do a kit which is included with a strut brace £220. They stop a lot of movement in the suspension

K-Tec ones are about £190
Powerflex twisted dogbone is £42. Great mod

Its not a cheap thing to stiffen the ride and uprate mounts but its so worth it, i need mounts badly lol

Dont bother with short shifter for gear changes its not good for the box

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Dogbone mount helps a small amount with the gear changes. http://camskill.co.uk/m51b0s4213p55419

Do you really need solid top mounts? The renault ones are pretty good if its just a road car. The pure motorsport kit is fantastic though.

Yanoo stiff shift kit would also help with the feel of the gearbox. He is on here pm him, hes a nice guy very helpful. Just sorted me out with a stiff shift kit.

Clio 172
I've got the powerflex dogbone and vibra technics engine mounts, such a difference it's unbelievable, especially if your current mounts are on their last legs.

I've got the powerflex arb bushes in the house to fit next, then thinking about the pure motorsport top mounts and struct brace kit with a whiteline rarb.

172 CUP
Not too fussed about solid top mounts, just going for genuine Renault replacements but wasn't sure about other mounts for the engine as it's a daily that gets booted once in a while, not for tracking (not yet anyway) ;).

K-tech do a full set of mounts for around £240, is it any good tho???
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3734&appid=2

Just wanted to stiffen it all up with Renault parts, not fussed about aftermarket tbh. Cheers lads thanks

Clio182
Why go through k-tec? Get them directly from Vibra Technics and Powerflex.

I'd imagine engine/gearbox mounts are more hardcore than strut top mounts for a daily. But man up and get both

E36 328i
Just replaced the top engine and gearbox mounts with genuine parts today. Put a powerflex dog bone mount in at the same time and the combo has transformed the car!

There's a little bit more vibration but completely bearable. Also put some powerflex ARB bushes in but can't really feel the difference to be honest. Mounts are definitely worth swapping out.