ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mount Failure-any other damage Likely?

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
The gearbox mount has sheared rite off on the Williams.Only done about 10k!
Not driven it more than 12ft since,cuz it started to crunch as soon as it dropped.
I can probably change the mount myself,but is it possible this has damaged more(Driveshaft or Drive from Gearbox?) and Im guessing just bolting a new one on and trying to drive off is not a good idea?
Cheers.

Focus ST
Had something similar happen to me with my first car about 10 years ago (god that's a long time).

The garage put a jack under the engine to take some of the weight away from the other mounts (don't know if you need to do this for a clio, I don't know if the gear box mount is weight bearing, but it might help).

The crunching is probably because of the alignment. I reckon if you get the mount sorted, it'll be fine.

Just don't drive it in the meantime.

Best person for advise is probably Fred@YozzaSport (top bloke).

BMW Z4 3.0i
I had an engine mount snap on a Rover Metro I had. I went to the garage, they took the weight with a jack under the engine, old mount out, new mount in. They didn't even charge me as they used a mount they had sat in a dustbin!

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Fingers crossed then its just the mount-I may be lucky lol
il order one asap.
Thanks for the reply's Guys.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Just got the offending item out:
mounting.jpg

Focus ST
Looks like your almost finished. Now the easy bit, trying to find someone whos got the part...

Audi TT 225 Quattro
the same thing happend to me about 2months ago, i hit 2 big potholes and the mount smashed. i had to drive 10miles with the gearbox hanging down, sounded awful till i got to a friends house. just jacked the whole engine/box back up and changed the mount job done drove home, yours will be fine just change the mount and pin, might be worth changing the rubber aswell as it looks like it could do with a change:D
DSCF1436Medium.jpg

Looking for a ph-quick...
Yeah happend to me to mate! Riumbled all the way home! You should be ok mine was anyway!
Amir

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
I think il go or a new one Dan,il be nervous now all the time,cuz that one was replaced 12 months ago when I had the new gearbox fitted.Its a bit dissapointing it's failed.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
Just road tested after fitting a new mount,and all appears fine.
fairly simple job to fit the new one in, took around 30 mins.