ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorsport plans for 2010?

What does everyone have lined up for 2010, any odd/unusual events away from the obvious stuff?

Castle Combe season pass for me as usual, so that's 16 days of racing for £95 already paid for. Other than that, a couple of BTCC rounds (Thruxton and one of the Brands dates), FIA GT1 at Silverstone, F1 Practice, hopefully a first trip to the Le Mans Series at Silverstone and probably the Goodwood FoS (Friday) for the 3rd year running.

If I'm willing to risk my camera I may go along to the Beach Rally at Weston-super-Mare again, and I really fancy a few hillclimb events up at Prescott.

Just noticed Britcar are back to 24hr format again this year, sort of free tickets as well. Definitely worth a trip if you've never been, incredible event and brilliant fun to -try- and photograph.

Hyundai i40
of course....manx rally and TT races this year....not ventured accross for any motorsport lately

I really want to do more this year.

Ring end of April. Will go to BTCC/Cup Racers I expect. Fancy the BritCar 24hour one too. Beach Rally sounds fun!

Never been to FoS and I'm guessing to get even reasonably close to F1 practice costs a fortune?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ring August, Trackdays a plenty throughout the year, hopefully watch Burpspeed at a few meetings, and watch my mate in the Auto Windscreens at Combe. :D

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
im gonna go have a look at britcar on the 13th at brands truck racing in april and some touring cars this year

Cupra
Zandvoort, zandvoort and zandvoort. DTM, Dutch GT4, Dutch Supercar Challenge. A year card is only €115 so I might invest in one this year.

Just need to sort out a new lens. :D

Will be going along to some britcar and tintop races, also got a ticket thing from my brother for Christmas and so will book something through that.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
im going to be looking at doing the following if i can make all of them

Renault World Series
BSB at Brands Hatch
BTCC at Brands Hatch (both events so indy and GP)
DTM at Brands Hatch
FIA GT at Brands Hatch
European Drift Championship (& time attack) again - will see if i can get another press pass
Possibly Silverstone Classic GP again if i can get another press pass for it
BMCRC at Brands Hatch
want to also try some rally stuff
might do Goodwood Festival of speed

also explore some other circuits castle combe and thruxton as they are both local

and will no doubt attend the odd track day event at brands hatch for a bit of practise too

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Where/when is the drift thing?

The EDC event i went too last year was at silverstone mate, i just hope the standard will be better this year. i went to a d1GP event at silverstone about 4 years ago and that was pretty good as they were all japanese mentalists, where as the EDC event is mr Mc D's car park king getting lucky and landing some sponsors. With a press pass you can stand right in the middle of the corner and watch them drift around you, i was thinking 'awesome should get some decent sideways action, perfect for snaps' but they just didnt seem to be getting that sideways, most instead opting for the gravel trap lol

Every meeting at Croft
Some 750MC meetings
BTCC at Croft, Oulton, Knockihill, Donington (haha) and possibly Silverstone
Britcar 24hr

im gonna go have a look at britcar on the 13th at brands

Quite tempted by this as a nice opener for the season. Just waiting on an update on the Pistonheads Britcar forum to see what the entry list is looking like. Assuming the weather is ok, it's a rare early opportunity to shoot circuit racing in potentially perfect light conditions.

Most of my best shots have been between October and March, amazing what a difference it can make.

Oil Burner
Not entirely fixed atm as im not certain ive got enough clients to justify Knockhill rounds. Also need to consider WSB and Moto GP, probably more likely to try and do a european round than Silverstone.

Got some 2/3 dayers, like the 3/4/5 April, BSB Practice, BTCC Race day, BSB Race day... ouch

MARCH 13TH :: BRITCAR :: BRANDS HATCH
MARCH 23RD :: BTCC MEDIA DAY :: BRANDS HATCH
APRIL 3RD 4TH :: BTCC :: THRUXTON
APRIL 5TH :: BSB :: BRANDS HATCH
APRIL 18TH :: BSB :: THRUXTON
APRIL 17TH 18TH :: TRUCKS :: BRANDS HATCH INDY
APRIL 24TH 25TH :: BTCC :: ROCKINGHAM
MAY 1ST 2ND :: BTCC :: BRANDS HATCH GP
MAY 21ST 22ND :: BSB :: CADWELL PARK
JUNE 5TH 6TH :: BTCC :: OULTON PARK
JUNE 19TH 20TH :: BTCC :: CROFT
JUNE 26TH 27TH :: BSB :: MALLORY
JULY 3RD 4TH :: BSB :: KNOCKHILL
JULY 17TH 18TH :: BSB :: SNETTERTON
JULY 17TH 18TH :: WTCC :: BRANDS HATCH GP
JULY 31ST 1ST :: SUPERLEAGE :: BRANDS HATCH GP
AUGUST 7TH 8TH :: BTCC :: SNETTERTON
AUGUST 7TH 8TH :: BSB :: BRANDS HATCH
AUGUST 21ST 22ND :: BTCC :: SILVERSTONE
AUGUST 28TH 29TH 30TH :: BSB :: CADWELL PARK 2
AUGUST 29TH 30TH :: F3/GT :: SNETTERTON
SEPTERMBER 4TH 5TH :: DTM :: BRANDS HATCH
SEPTEMBER 4TH 5TH :: BTCC :: KNOCKHILL
SEPTEMBER 11TH 12TH :: BSB :: CROFT
SEPTEMBER 18TH 19TH :: BTCC :: DONINGTON
SEPTEMBER 25TH 26TH :: F3/GT :: BRANDS HATCH GP
SEPTEMBER 9TH 10TH :: BSB :: OULTON PARK
SEPTEMBER 9TH 10TH :: BTCC :: BRANDS HATCH INDY

no as much as some but defo doing alot...

as much BTCC as possible and track work myself, Lemans in June, ISTS in april, RWS and trax (obviously not motorsport in 'some' ways but meh) and hopefully abit of Britcar wh0ring for matt too :)

and im working for TDINorth on their 550bhp Civic... christ!

looking forward to some heat and petrol fumes oh yers!

Rally bus
British Cross-Country Championship (all rounds)
Some BTRDA rally rounds
Manx
Tour of Mull
and a couple of BRC/BHRC rounds

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
Quite tempted by this as a nice opener for the season. Just waiting on an update on the Pistonheads Britcar forum to see what the entry list is looking like. Assuming the weather is ok, it's a rare early opportunity to shoot circuit racing in potentially perfect light conditions.

Most of my best shots have been between October and March, amazing what a difference it can make.

everytime ive been to brands its been raining or snowing so hopefully have some sun that weekend

Seat Leon Supercopa
We're back in Britcar this year :D
We've entered the production championship and the 24hr in the Clio. Shaking down at Snetterton on Sunday and then first race at Brands on March 13th.

Ultra Red Megane 175
The only thing out of the ordinary for me this year is WRC Rally Turkey in April. Other than that it'll be the usual Rallies throughout Wales and Western England for me!

top of the pyramid
Time attack/drifting at oulton park
Touring cars at oulton park
worthersee car show (maybe atm)
Goodwood
Lemans or the nurberg 24h still got the shots from this years lemans to sort out

Can anyone who has been to Brands yet (or possibly today) confirm that this angle (Surtees), one of my favourites in the country for low shutter panning, is now completely dead..?

505918362_5c4Fs-L.jpg

Heard they've put a fence in, anyway of working around it? That would be 60-70% of my Brands shooting dead in an instant. At this rate, Thruxton and Silverstone GP (and just about Castle Combe, although that is being fenced at an incredible rate) will be the only circuits remotely near me still enjoyable for a days togging.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
Can anyone who has been to Brands yet (or possibly today) confirm that this angle (Surtees), one of my favourites in the country for low shutter panning, is now completely dead..?

505918362_5c4Fs-L.jpg

Heard they've put a fence in, anyway of working around it? That would be 60-70% of my Brands shooting dead in an instant. At this rate, Thruxton and Silverstone GP (and just about Castle Combe, although that is being fenced at an incredible rate) will be the only circuits remotely near me still enjoyable for a days togging.

im sure they have put a fence up on this corner now it used to be a really low one but now its one of the high ones

Oil Burner
They have unfortunately put a catch fence here. Why, god only knows?

Chris, Get along to a Brands GP meeting, there is no catch fencing on the GP loop.

Mental 172 Cup
im going to get to as many as i can this year! all of the castle combe days and a few futher afield. does anyone know when f1 testing is at silverstone???

im going to get to as many as i can this year! all of the castle combe days and a few futher afield. does anyone know when f1 testing is at silverstone???

There isn't any, Friday practice is the cheapest way to see F1 cars in this country (July 9th, £50)