ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorsport Half Vision Cage

RB 182
Are these things fine to install in regards to using harnesses on them? Safe, road legal, ok for MOT etc?

Do they bolt onto existing fixtures or require new holes to be drilled? I'm thinking of getting one from Bloooor as a short term cage when I get my bucket seats.

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
Mine doesn't get in the way of anything & mounts on existing fixtures. I've even put my rear seat 'back' in the car to have a boot still. Just can't quite get the base in.

I wouldn't want to mount a harness on it - the bar is a little too low for that IMO.

It doesn't interfere with MOT, or any other legalities. And I can get the seat all the way back, but fairly upright, which suits me.
main.php

HTH

My trusty lil 182 :)
Would have thought you'd be fine mounting harnesses to it as it just bolts into 4 existing seatbelt mounting points.

Cage weighs 23kg - 4kg for the back brace bar, 5kg for the front brace bar and 14kg for the cage itself. Bloooor's will be a tiny bit more with the harness bar.

where do you get these from and how much are they?

The original MSV ones pop up for sale from time to time. Otherwise k-tec do a slightly updated version with a different rear mounting.