ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorsport can be dangerous

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I dont think the fench is to bad, the ground its on is raised above the track, theses a Tyre wall.

Just Very freaky that the car jumped the Tyre wall and the Fence

DB.

BMW 440i
LOL! Again!!!

That is a freaky incident for the first one the face it jumped the fence and tyre wall!

Hyundai i40
bloody hell! its one thing that scares me sometimes when im watching Rallies/bike racing, spesh over here watching the TT. I could of yrs back a few spectators died when i bike crashed into the crowd.

Black Clio GT
shows that the track needs to be changed for that type of racing, carrying far too much speed into that corner.......

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
^ disagree, there is plenty of gravel trap and and a tire wall, if the car had not been on its roof before the comer. I bet it wouldn't have even made the tire wall.

Just a completely freak accident that you can never prepare for.

Oil Burner
Motorsports is dangerous, if spectators want to get within half a mile of the circuit then they take a risk. No amount of catch fencing can protect against all accidents.

That mini got unlucky as it dug in and got airborn.

Here is a good example:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0n8MhZhw_sQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0n8MhZhw_sQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Black Clio GT
^ disagree, there is plenty of gravel trap and and a tire wall, if the car had not been on its roof before the comer. I bet it wouldn't have even made the tire wall.

Just a completely freak accident that you can never prepare for.

but another car goes off at speed on the same corner, either lack of tallent or the track is too fast for some of the drivers to keep control under braking??

Oil Burner
But the barrier did its job this time as the car didn't dig in (also looks slightly like failed brakes or stuck throttle).

If they declared a corner unsafe because cars kept coming off there than Paddock Hill would look very different, there were maybe 15 cars that went off there yesterday. But 99% of the time the gravel and tyrewalls do their jobs and its rare for stuff to come over the barrier. Yet only a few months ago on a trackday @ brands a porsche managed to make it halfway over the catch fence infront of the MSV centre. Freak accident and an unusual place for cars to go off.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Im with Dunganick, the second one is a "normal" accident, the gravel trap and barrier did their job and so to did the rollcage and safety equipment in the car.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's motorsport. It's dangerous. Always has been, always will be. Nowt wrong with that.

JB

RB 182 Cup
In that Nascar race what are those flaps that open up in the airflow on the roof of the 99 car that was spun? Are they there to serve a purpose or just bits of roof trim shaken loose by the collision?

MY10 R35 GTR
In that Nascar race what are those flaps that open up in the airflow on the roof of the 99 car that was spun? Are they there to serve a purpose or just bits of roof trim shaken loose by the collision?

theres 2 flaps on the roof. There designed so that turna around backwards the air lifts them and it turn it makes efforts to stop the car from going airborne. The main problem that they were finding with the new nascar design is thet the rear wing counter acts what the flaps do, hence why there has so manly cars going airbourne recntly. They have now reverted to the old style rear spoiler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cn_qRThRg0

JB

RB 182 Cup
theres 2 flaps on the roof. There designed so that turna around backwards the air lifts them and it turn it makes efforts to stop the car from going airborne. The main problem that they were finding with the new nascar design is thet the rear wing counter acts what the flaps do, hence why there has so manly cars going airbourne recntly. They have now reverted to the old style rear spoiler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cn_qRThRg0
Ah thought they might be, simple design but quite clever! Although I can see what you mean about the rear wing countering them and lifting the car up, spun Nascar cars always seem to get air.