ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motability and you

Impreza Turbo

If you are ever unfortunate enough to find yourself in my possition (being physically challenged) and get a motability car, my advise is simple, buy the car you want as apposed to leasing it, as i am now.
I had an inspection, everything was ok, as i have performance enhancing modifications, but if i am found to have any at some point between now and when the car goes back next year, i will have the car taken off me straight away. No refund not even another car to get me about. My own fault for not buying the car in the first place really.

Renault Laguna Coupe

sounds very harsh - on normal lease deals you can do what you like as long as the car is original when its returned.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Ive seen this before with Motability. Also, if when you give it back and it has a few scuffed plastics, little dings in the bodywork from car parks etc, then you are responsible and you have to pay to have the work done to make it "as new". Very crap.

133/225/CLS AMG

Strange how someone has posted about motability when my parents are having a great deal of trouble with them.

My dad has MS and ended up in hospital which in turn meant he had to go into a nursing home. They were completely honest with Motability who informed them that they are entitled to it and allowed them to take out a knew lease on a new car.

They had the car for 8-9 months then all of a sudden get a letter from them telling them they were not entitled to the car and gave two weeks notice to come and collect it. They then had the cheek the inform them that they owed them money and send them a request for £1500!!!!!! They wrote back and hear nothing until today which says they are going to be taken to court.

The joke is that its because of their back log and delays that my parents were allowed to take out a new lease. There was nothing covered up on our part.

They are a f**king bunch of jokers!!!!!!!

133/225/CLS AMG

It wont be taken lying down and as it may turn out they should have been entitled to motability the whole time he has been in the nursing home so looks like they may be forced to back pay my folks and provide them with moatability again. Ill keep you posted mate.

With your car it sounds best that you take the allowance and then at least you can buy your own car to modify. I mean lets face who wants a car like everyone elses, its a human right to mod your car!! haha.

Impreza Turbo

Ill never lease another car that is for sure, ill be buying the next one.

Yes do keep me posted on how things pan out for your folks.

133/225/CLS AMG

To be honest im not too worried, the joke is that they sent the letter to my dad who is partially sited and cannot speak that clearly. Would almost be worth a laugh them taking him to court, certainly would make a mockery of them.

Its so annying that people like us get picked out when there are so many people out to cheat the system as best they can.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Its good busines for the dealers to give out this motability sh*t i think.

If its like a normal lease then you pay the residual loss and then the dealer takes it back and makes a killing on it 2nd hand because of keeping it clean and limited milage.

It only seams to work for the spongers though.Drive past your local council estate and the place is running wild with new cars and orange bages everywhere and the working people get stung who may have a disabled child who qualifies for motability.Meanwhile the guy with the badge is fixing his nextdoor neighbours roof for him:mad:

ian

133/225/CLS AMG

Thats is so true mate!!

Heard some good news today though. My mum spoke to Motability who explained that it was the work and pensions people who took so long in advising them of my dads situation.

They said as he as classed as terminally ill due to his MS being on going they wouldnt ever dream of taking him to court and are writing the debt off.

Just as well coz we wouldnt have paid it either way.

Impreza Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by ian 182 on 29 April 2005
Its good busines for the dealers to give out this motability sh*t i think.If its like a normal lease then you pay the residual loss and then the dealer takes it back and makes a killing on it 2nd hand because of keeping it clean and limited milage.It only seams to work for the spongers though.Drive past your local council estate and the place is running wild with new cars and orange bages everywhere and the working people get stung who may have a disabled child who qualifies for motability.Meanwhile the guy with the badge is fixing his nextdoor neighbours roof for him:mad:ian

i understand your anger entirely mate, there so many out there that claim they need it, but in reality they could get by happily working. And letting needy have it.