ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mot worry...

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Hi dudes. For the the last eight months Ive been worried about the day my MOT needed doing but Ive booked it in for this Saturday.

Its got 108000 miles on it. 1992 1.4 RT K reg. Had it since 08/99. Im papping it coz it seems to be misfiring on one cylinder. Had leads checked, plugs, distributor, tappets, the lot , cant work out what the problem is. It runs ok at speed but shudders a wee bit on idle, the revs seem to stay at about 1500rpm. I can still get easily 100mph out of it so it must be firing ok at speed. Do ye reckon itll fail MOT? Emissions or what? Do you reckon I should tell the garage my concern or (Im guessing youll tell me to) not bother saying anything and see what comes up?

Cheers.

Hope that its a pre-July model... then you wont have to worry at all :)

Mines a 12/91 with a de-cat and it mullered the emissons... Literally! I thought it was running rich because I could smell petrol from the exhaust, MOT dude said it was ok because the CAT had been removed... Makes sense.

If yours is pre-july then itd have to be f*cked up beyond all reason to fail... Failing that ask them to krypton tune it... Might just be something simple like that. Ask them to check your inlet manifold and SPI gasket, both went on mine, causing air leak and dodgy idle...

Andi

gawd

You will probably find the valve clearence is out on 1 cyl or a cam lobe has wiped itself out.

Also it will fail on that idle, for it to pass the idle speed (natural) has to be a max of 1000rpm

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Thanks for the replies. Mines an August 92 model so it needs the cat. I guess Ill just have to wait and see what happens, Im getting it a month early to give me a bit of time to sort out any bother. Cheers.