ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot Tester Question

Is there any Mot testers on this site?

I've done a search and i'm stuggling to find any regulations on the windscreen, other than wipers and chips/cracks.

I can't find any thing relating to demisting :dapprove:

Reason for asking is when i strip the car down in the winter, a new windscreen is going to be fitted, i can get an heated screen for the clio for a shade over £200, this would enable me to remove the heater matrix and controls completely :D saving more weight and clearing up the dash a little :)

So i'm after clafication that this is ok for the mot.

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
My dads a tester and he's only ever mentioned about the stone chips/ cracks within the wiper blade area. Never thought about that though

corsa ecoflex
any heater system is not tester during an mot....all that is checked is the outside of the screen for damage and wiper blades

Cheers guys, so that's another part for the scrap heap :D

Can't wait too get started on this but i've got 3 trackdays to do 1st, last one's 6th of september, so by the 7th the car will be stripped ;)

Chris

200 FF Storm Grey
noo...thats a ford thing...

for lazy people iirc

lol I thought as much, just there's a button on the 182 (theres plenty of them lol) which has a windscreen on it, the same as the heated rear windscreen button