ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT - Rear seats?

Monaco Blue Mk2
:dead:

Oh well, I'm a glutten for punishment, I've removed and re-fitted the full interior (bar the dash) before, so hoping I can manage it. Don't think it'll pass with the rears in at the minute though, have to check tomorrow.

Monaco Blue Mk2
That's a point, would also have to insure it as a 2 seater then I guess...arrrgh! Stupid shitty Renault bolts....(Evil John should know what I'm on about!)

how do you take the belts out? i just cut mine lol, will never use them again, also the little star key to take the pretemsiors out with i have lost, all i need is the grey handel thing, any1 got one?

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Technically speaking you do NEED to remove the belts if the seat's are removed to pass an MOT but some testers 'forget' to check.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
taking belts out is piss to do aslong as you take the plastics out youll have no problems.

catch 22 situation , for m.o.t testers , if there are seats you have to have belts , if you have belts you have to have seats ???

Monaco Blue Mk2
Thanks for the info lads and lasses. With no rear seats for the MOT, would my car then be classed as a 2 seater, therefore making it illegal to carry rear passengers in the future?

well I wouldn't fancy bouncing around in the back either way LoL

I think Yoz's advisory sheet he got when he got the 1.2 serviced at Renault was possibly the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! :p