ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Question MK2 172

My first MOT is just around the corner for my 172 but I have a few questions

One of my front fog light bulbs is blown - will they check this? (I know its easy to replace but I never use them so why bother - its been blown for about 10 months)

Headlamp washer jet (passenger side) leaks and the reservoir does not hold any water when you first squirt the washer fluid - do they check this?

I thought Xenon headlamps had to have washers by law - but dont quote me.

I have the part number to get the headlamp washer fixed but Ive just never got around to it and Renault said its not covered under warranty (actually a 70% Customer - 30% Renault split) £130 to replace a rubber washers - I dont think so. I going to get my mate to fix it when he gets chance.

Does anyone know the price or part number of a rear wiper blade from Renault?

Thanks for your help but hopefully apart from this it should fly through the MOT as Im having the 24,000 mile service done at the same time.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

fog light wont matter, they are not a REQUIREMENT. Washer jet for the Xenon lights will matter, as they are.

My MK2 172 HAS got headlamp washers, where are yours mate??? Just had an MOT so my car is maybe three weeks older than yours, so you MUST have headlamp washers??? Am I wrong?

The headlamp washers work when you first squirt them but the washer fluid will slowly trickle out of the reservior about 5 hours to empty.

Will they check for leaks or just squirt them and say pass?

If I do need to change the washer jet rubber does anyone have a guide on how to remove the front bumper and replace the washer?