ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Issue - Headlight washer jets not working.. any ideas to fix/replace?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Car is in for MOT, theyve never worked for my 5yrs of ownership and because of the new rules... it's going to fail. It's going in for MOT today, doh.

Any ideas on a work-around? Or anyone near to Portsmouth have any working ones?

Thanks

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Two new pumps fitted. As it's pre 09 it shouldnt be tested anyway, so may have solved the issue!

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Mines failed it’s MOT under the pre-May 20th regs for the headlight washers being inoperable. I’m under the same impression as you @Davyy that new regs meant headlight washers were now only a test requirement after 2009, but I could well be misunderstanding the new rules (that said, I don’t know if they would still fall under the old “if fitted, must work” type mantra).

In the end my issue turned out to be that the lines were clogged with crud and dirt as one of the previous owners had looped the supply lines from the washer bottle, due to the age old problem of the jets themselves leaking, then when I reconnected the washers up, all the crap in the lines just stopped the fluid getting thro. Could be worth a check, if your MOT tester is adamant on them working before issuing a certificate.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just in case anyone has a similar issue in the future..
IMG_2660.JPG