ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT failure!

Arctic blue 182ff
Was very surprised when the MOT dude said it had failed!! :(

BUT very stupidly, it failed on the fact my drivers seat was missing a bloody bolt! how it went missing i dont know know!!

Where do i get one?? will post in the wanted section too....

thanks

Jack.

Arctic blue 182ff
Where can you get a bolt?

Might help to know which bolt mate,

Would rather have a s**te MOT'er and have passed TBH!

so you rather have a dodgy passed MOT car??

Also i did say the my drivers seat was missing a bolt...

from the runner i think...

Arctic blue 182ff
Hardly dodgey, just a bolt?

Dude that bolt is for our safety, giving the fact that the clio is the most safe car on the market, its nice to know that the 1 of 4 bolts holding my seat down is missing so i can replace it.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
TBH... he could be a life saver. what if the seat was not secure, the seat slides back and therefore making u not be able to reach the pedals and maybe the steering wheel.

Then.... enough said.

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
why would you rather have a dodgy mot'er just so he didnt realise u had a bolt missing, how many things would a dodgy mot'er not pick up on. id rather know im driving around safe in my car than thinking its been passed by some dodgy backroad mot bay!

corsa ecoflex
One of the first things i look for when i start my mot tests is to look at the seat bolts,you would be surprised at how many i find missing

Arctic blue 182ff
Me too and I own the car!!

But I need your help!

It's on the runners, where the bolt is missing there's a rubber cap on top, so I can't see anything.

Does anyone know about this? Is it just a bolt I need?

is the passenger seat not the same?

i'd take a bolt off the passenger seat, make sure it fits the driver's, and take that bolt with me to a scrap yard to be sure i got the same from another Clio. they're probably the same across the range, so model might not matter

Arctic blue 182ff
Cool, but what I mean is I can't see a bolt head, just a rubber bung type seal...

this isn't something i've fiddled with on mine, but just been to have a look at it, out of interest

it looks as though the bolts are captive and that you pull the rubber plugs out of the floor (underneath the car) to get at the nuts. i'm assuming. is that not what yours looks like?