ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot failure, looking for some guidance?

Renaultsport Clio182
Car went in for mot this morn and failed on a few things. Corroded brake pipe, and a seat belt not working, and a wheel bearing all of which I can sort myself. The thing it has failed on that's causing me problems is the emmemissions said my max should be .2 mine read 20!!! Car has just been fully serviced, and timing belt done by SWR.

dont know much a out cars history, but someone's spent cash in it, updated suspension, updated mounts, and had tr ktec car back on it plus a decat, which I have now removed. Engine throwing no faults, so... Am guessing it has either been chipped or mapped... Is there any way at all to check this or wipe it back to standard? Only reason I can think why emissions are so high

​not happy :(

Renaultsport Clio182
Yeah put it on last week as I only just received it. Will put up the emission results once a pick car up and hopefully you guys can maybe point me in the right direction :/

hope it's the lambda, have a spare one

Renaultsport Clio182
Got car back, no print out as said they tried to do a second test which is more detailed and doesn't give print out, got another O2 sensor to try on and he's gonna check it again this morn and give me a print out of readings.

If it makes any diff for people trying to help its a 04 182 with 85k

current fail is- carbon monoxide at idle and 2nd fast idle excrssive
hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle excessive
lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specifies limits

Renaultsport Clio182
After putting new O2 sensor on, got the following results on fast idle:

CO - 1.532
Co2 - 14.23
Temp - 13
HC - 418
o2 - 0.13
¥ - 0.946
COcor - 1.532

Mate who done the test said he's never seen anything that high in his life. Said its over fuelling heavily and is either down to a map or possibly a stuck injector or something along they lines. Idles fine tho and as said previous, just had full service plus timing belt done at SWR :/

​any suggestions mucky appreciated!!

After putting new O2 sensor on, got the following results on fast idle:

CO - 1.532
Co2 - 14.23
Temp - 13
HC - 418
o2 - 0.13
¥ - 0.946
COcor - 1.532

Mate who done the test said he's never seen anything that high in his life. Said its over fuelling heavily and is either down to a map or possibly a stuck injector or something along they lines. Idles fine tho and as said previous, just had full service plus timing belt done at SWR :/

​any suggestions mucky appreciated!!

Thrash the living poop out of it ! Lol

no jokes aside seriously warm the car right the way up get it on the hot map , to many MOT testers don't ! They start them up straight into the test and these and don't run well cold

the engine does over fuel from cold and start up which is prop your problem !

Try driving it around the block a good few times make sure it's stinking hot ! Also helps if you put a rag into one of the pipe while doing the test !

Looks like that to me mate anyway

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would take it out and give it a some serious hard driving till its very hot and maybe stump some injector cleaner though it.

When working in the garage i seen a pile load of cars fail there MOTs but once driven hard round the block a few times and nice and hot they passed.

I cant see anything bad coming from SWR as they have been spot on when i have spoke to them.

I had the se trouble with a sports cat on my st170 it would never get hot enough to get anywhere near passing in the end the garage got fed up of trying and just gave me a ticket lol

Renaultsport Clio182
Are you sure the replacement cat has actually got its insides still in it?!

Yeah car was in good condition, couldn't see any damage to honeycomb before I put it on. I kicked the s**t out of it for near 30 miles blasting up n down a short stretch of mway. Done same after fitted new o2 sensor. Even on cold map I can't see it over fuelling THAT much? The hydrocarbons are way to high. Shroud be getting 1-3 move is up at 400 odd. Av put it into SWR as a cant be fucked with it. Starting to become a money pit. Hoping its something stupid like a stuck injector :/

​cheers for input tho guys!

Renaultsport Clio182
Aye so everything seems fine on the computer at Renault, said he gonna try flashing a standard map on it n hopes that fixes it. If its no that then am totally stumped :/