ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT failed on rear discs

Megane RS 275 Trophy
My car failed on the rear discs being worn, so I got new set from GSF and looking at the difference in size my originals don't look to worn to me.

Does anybody know the width before they fail on an MOT as I don't want to put new discs on if I don't have to, I'd rather go back to the guy who MOT'd my car and get him to reconsider his findings as this is all it failed on.

Megane RS 275 Trophy
Ye I've just got a replacement set from GSF and that's the reason I questioned it as the old set don't look to worn when I look at the new.

Black-Gold 182
I won't be using that particular dealer again - it's amazing how inept they are for a "main dealer". It's really worrying. Oh, and how much did they quote you for a set of rear discs, bearings and pads? I had a quote of £350! I got a full set of EBC discs (front and rear), Mintex Extreme pads, and rear bearings for £220 and fitted them myself.

Megane RS 275 Trophy
I got the rear discs and pads original Renault parts for £147.50 delivered.
Renault wanted £161 + vat for the discs

Megane
last year I had an advisory on my rear disks, this year no advisory, and i didn't change them..
Apparentlty its only a visual inspection, i'd query it especially with how much they cost.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I got the rear discs and pads original Renault parts for £147.50 delivered.
Renault wanted £161 + vat for the discs

You got new bearings as well?

I doubt they are worn enought to fail, whats your mileage?

It's an easy money maker on the rear discs and after 10k the rear discs on the 1*2's always look heavily marked and scorn.