ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Fail - Exhaust

05 IO 182 cup
Hello all

Cars just failed its MOT - PITA :mad: !!!

failed on emissions as the exhaust has a major leak at the joint and in turn could not build up enough pressure to pass the lambda test.

does anyone know typically how much it costs to get an exhaust sealed ??

cheers

Adz

tiTTy & SV650
This is pretty common on 182 exhausts as they hold water and therefore rust from the inside out.

Worth popping a stainless steel jobbie on if you can afford to

05 IO 182 cup
ooops sorry forgot to post i have a yozzasport system - fitted approx one year ago and had only covered 10k when it was fitted, dads mate is going to have a look at it, fingers crossed its only a matter of retightening the exhaust bracket and siliconing the joint up

tiTTy & SV650
so the leak is where it mates to the cat? I can't remember the layout sorry been a while since I looked at RS exhausts.

If it is then I don't think it's a flange, more an o-ring sort of arrangement inside it i.e. an exhaust gasket

Last edited:
  05 IO 182 cup
yes i presume so mate (exhaust joint is just behind the engine underneath the car), maybe a case of replacing the gasket in the joint where the exhaust meets the cat, tightening things up and resealing - im hoping it wont require any welding as the system has not covered much mileage

05 IO 182 cup
cheers Rory, will let you know how i get on, not sure if its a standard gasket i can pick up or a yozza specific one ??

just a little back street garage Jay so would prob have the same issue if i took it elsewhere

PH1 172
Can you not use exhaust paste around the joint after tightening the bolts, let it set over night and then re-test it?

Can you not use exhaust paste around the joint after tightening the bolts, let it set over night and then re-test it?

I've tried that in the past, might last long enough for the M.O.T but after a short time the moisture will eat away at the paste and you'll have the leak again.

05 IO 182 cup
does anyone know a part reference for an exhaust gasket for a yozza system or are they standard diameter gaskets ?? going to get my dads friend to have a look and fit a new one for me then seal around the joint to beef things up a bit

05 IO 182 cup
Dads mate has just left after doing some work on the exhaust, the centre section was extremely loose fitting at the joint between it and the CAT, the clamp was refitted with some nylux bolts and the joint was sealed with paste afterwards - on restarting the car up it was not lumpy at all on tickover as it had been and the note sounded noticably much deeper than before - obviously the air leak was quite severe.

need to take the car out on a proper run but am hopeful for a pass now, cant believe how different the zorst sounded afterwards

fingers crossed for the retest

05 IO 182 cup
car has just had its retest and sailed through, the lambda test was a lot lower than it was on Tuesday, resealing the exhaust and fitting the clamp on again with nylux bolts has done the trick, pulls and sounds a hell of a lot better now.

the guy at the garage said he could have still failed the car due to the excessive noise, he obviously does not appreciate the mighty Yozzasport !!!

anyone else with a 182 Yozza exhaust ever had any problems at MOT time ??