ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT FAIL BUT IS IT?

BMW E36 328
i had my car MOT'd on friday by renault as i took out a service and mot package when i got it, renault failed it on the track rod end but 2 indipendant garages said that it was ok, do i get it changed or pay for my car to be mot'd at another garage?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Re: MOT FAIL

all depends on the tester mate, personaly if a joint has play in it i would change it.

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
surely someone on here will swap them for a few beer tokens
only cost about a tenner to buy!
if you were closer i'd do them for free

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Dumazzz. Count how many times you turn it until it comes off and give it as many turns when you put it back on.

dont worry i have allready marked it down ;) i aint that dumb, but i will still be getting it done just incase..

Mk2 ph1 clio
It's your safety and whoever you have in your car with you. Is it worth savinga few quid by going to a tester who will pass something thats a failure to start with.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Upto the tester, to be honest your in a lose lose situation as a tester!!

You fail it for play, you get moaned at, if he had passed it and in a month the joint fall's apart and you crash into a small child on the pavement! I can hear the "i only had it mot'd a month ago"!

Brakes, tyres, steering and suspension are essential items! Not like a slightly oversized chip in your screen.

Just fix it man, will cost pennies :)

Be worse if you take it elsewhere to get it MOT'd and they fail it for somethine else :p

How much did Renault quout you for the work?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Just get it sorted. As said above, if it has play in it, it should be replaced.
What's a tenner at the end of the day? Not a lot, especially when you get piece of mind.

BMW E36 328
its booked in at the garage on wed to hve the track rod end changed and its to be retested on sat