ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot changes

Mk2 Ph2 172
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but the new mot failure items will be coming in this month on the 20th

Mk2 Ph2 172
A good few new failure items have been added to the mot test like air bag warning light stAying on will now fail

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I'll believe it when I see it. It's been coming in for about 12 months now.

Clio 182
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/CHANGES TO THE MOT TEST EFFECTIVE FROM 20 MARCH 2013.pdf

"7 What are the new elements to the MOT rest?
For Class 4, 5 and 7 vehicles:
 Headlamp levelling and cleaning devices when fitted for HID or LED headlamps
 Main beam ‘tell-tale’ warning
 Battery (including batteries for electric or hybrid vehicles)
 Electrical wiring and connectors
 Trailer electrical socket security and damage
 Operation of 13-pin trailer electrical sockets using an approved trailer socket tester
 Operation of the steering lock (where fitted) including a malfunction warning in
respect of an electronic steering lock
 Electronic power steering malfunction indicator lamp
 Electronic parking brake control and malfunction indicator lamp
 Electronic Stability Control (ESC) components, including the switch (if fitted) and
malfunction warning
 Brake fluid warning lamp illuminated or inoperative
 Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
 SRS components including airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners, seat belt load limiters
and SRS malfunction warning lamp
 Engine mountings
 Speedometer
 Indirect vision devices (where they replace obligatory mirrors) "

ah f**k

MK3 Clio DCI 86
http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/CHANGES TO THE MOT TEST EFFECTIVE FROM 20 MARCH 2013.pdf

"7 What are the new elements to the MOT rest?
For Class 4, 5 and 7 vehicles:
 Headlamp levelling and cleaning devices when fitted for HID or LED headlamps
 Main beam ‘tell-tale’ warning
 Battery (including batteries for electric or hybrid vehicles)
 Electrical wiring and connectors
 Trailer electrical socket security and damage
 Operation of 13-pin trailer electrical sockets using an approved trailer socket tester
 Operation of the steering lock (where fitted) including a malfunction warning in
respect of an electronic steering lock
 Electronic power steering malfunction indicator lamp
 Electronic parking brake control and malfunction indicator lamp
 Electronic Stability Control (ESC) components, including the switch (if fitted) and
malfunction warning
 Brake fluid warning lamp illuminated or inoperative
 Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
 SRS components including airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners, seat belt load limiters
and SRS malfunction warning lamp
 Engine mountings
 Speedometer
 Indirect vision devices (where they replace obligatory mirrors) "

ah f**k

"when fitted "

So if it's not fitted it will pass ? lols :eek:

Clio 182
I was thinking that. Given that mine didn't work, then were leaking and are now disconnected, blanking may be the way forward!

Clio 182
Yeah if its not there you can't test it.

Spoke to an MOT tester today whilst the car was in for a service (SWR in Stirling). They confirmed that if they aint on the car then it's a pass - even if you just blank them off with a piece of tape. Happy days!

172 exclusive no 172
my 172 phase 1 exclusive went through to day, obviously had to change the cat over from the decat, but other than that the tester said it was one of the cleanest cars he has seen for its age., i suppose the mileage only being 43000.

My air bag light was on and i showed him that if i wiggle the wire under the drivers seat it goes of, he chuckled and said ok...