ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Advisories

Afternoon Chaps,
Just got the motor back from the garage and wanted to run the advisories by your collective wisdom.
- Slight play o/s/f steering arm, assuming this is the ******* potholes, not overly worried.
- Oil leak top of engine - This one concerns me, anyone think of what it could be (haven't had a chance to look it over myself yet, search of the site doesnt bring up anything obvious)
Cheers!

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Oil leak could be vvt trigger seal, I've had to change mine as it was leaking

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Quite common for the cam cover to weap aswell

Which is a wang as you need to hold the cams down while you whip off the top, or try and nip up the bolts which are quite happy to snap..

I read on here about putting silicon on the bolts and nipping them up as the oil sometimes comes out the bolt holes..

Mothers Clio 182 was leaking allllllll along the back edge though.. Job I'd do at cambelt time if it's near.