ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most miles on OE 1*2 discs and pads

I reckon I must be a contender for this as I never use my brakes. So far I'm on 44K having not changed a single brake part yet. At the 36k service apparently the brakes were only about 60% worn.

Tyres on the other hand I usually destroy in sub 6k miles. :eek:

Clio 182 FF Cup
24K new front discs & pads (discs were ok, but had become rusty due to being unused for a few months).

36K - Front discs 10% worn, pads 80% worn. Rears needed both discs and pads.

Interestingly I lowered the car on Eibach Prolines (don't care what anyone says, these defo do lower the car 20-30mm once bedded in). This lowering apparently makes the rear brakes work a bit harder? Summat to do with a load sensor being fooled into thinking the cars heavier than it is and it shoves more hydraulic pressure to the rear than it otherwise would.

53 Clio's & counting
well so far im not sure on discs but the pads were 4k old when i got the car, and i took them out a short while ago as i had to free up my caliper as it stuck sometimes, and they looked brand new ! so thats 26k and they dont look worn at all, bloody cheap s**t though so thats why i have my new brakes going on this weekend :D

Ibis A3 BE
Just had mine all changed, 34K. They had really begun to lose their power, now bedding in my new set-up.

tiTTy & SV650
my rears on the 182 disintigrated at about 30k. I'm a light braker. Tyres lasted me 14k miles on the front IIRC and that wasn't taking it easy by any means but wasnt wheel spinning or anything daft.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
27k miles and i needed both. Discs were only 60%, but i got a good deal on them, so i changed them too.

Rear pads and discs are still OE