ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most embarrassing car you've owned?

Loved it..

37745_450241870015_1141872_n.jpg

Monaro VXR
The 2CV while I wouldn't own one. Isn't really that embarrassing.

Now imagine a 6ft tall, 20+ stone bloke. Driving around in a yellow Fiat Cinquecento sporting. With a front seat that had broken requiring me to drive it home with my legs up near my ears as it was stuck forward.

It was not a fun drive. Basically it was exactly like a scene from the inbetweeners. Only I was fat as well.

Peugeot 308
SNC00153.jpg

Probably my most embarrasing... It was shite! I'm pretty sure I used to brap it around everywhere due to its very loud Baileys dumpvalve lol.

I had a rover 45 - paid 130 quid for it... Put 50k on it in 18 months. Never laid a spanner on it apart from using a baked bean tin to repair a 'slight' blow in the exhaust.
It was a shed. Everyone I know took the piss by calling it Gilbert...
The drivers window didn't work without falling off the runners.
There was more rust then bodywork. But for some reason it kept going lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
emmmm Kia Pride for me.......... :-/
1.3 lol Used to give it some and it would squat like a cossie lol

ukiaprid.jpg
I passed my first test in one of them!!

My instructor had a wooden leg and used to whack it with his walking stick when I wasn't paying attention!

Swift Sport
Can't get any worse than an old Rover or Corsa IMO. Everything else is at least a little bit cool because of its age or rarity.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Renault 21 savanna, pretty embarrassing to drive but for £250 it was mint and had only done 40k best vehicle for surfing though and the ride was smooth, soaked up bumps better than my Landy!! Came to its demise when I ripped the whole side off driving a bit to fast through a narrowing in the road with a bus coming the other way, she still drove straight but looked even worse!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My steering wheel vibrated so much at 60mph it phased out of our space time continuum,
but when I got it to 80mph it went back to normal.

The first time my headcase best mate got in the car he screamed 'F*CKING SLOW DOWN MAN'!
Because the car was rattling that much, I told him I wasn't even doing 30 and he said,
'You've got to get rid of this car mate'! lol

Fpmsl! My mate had a 1.4 sport metro or something! It was during the modding years. This thing had so much stuff stuck to it, it would go over 45mph! Mental thing!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A good friend had a mk1/2 Polo fox! That was embarrassing! Struggle to think of any redeeming features barring the smell of soap bar!

82d88e47bdc75ea8527b2a4797d05f2d.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I owned and drove this for a couple of weeks until it sold. Tappety piece of s**t.

2010-01-09145345.jpg

I had this for a few months until someone opened their door on me. Not sure which is worse tbh

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

i will add 2 , one British and RWD which to be fair then took me on to buy a dolly sprint , the other mid engined 2 seat RWD and italian , it had all the promise from the description .........however!!

6472010887_f6f0602a4c_z.jpg

fiat-x19-web-image.jpg

and yes it really was Jewish racing gold !

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Not a car I've owned, but on the first day of Sixth form my dad dropped me off in this. Not even the same on the left and right side, different shapes etc.
1huuu.jpg

Monaco 172
I had this beast for a few weeks while i waiting for my Celica GT-Four to get registered.

Yeah baby 4x4 rally Subaru, Switchable 4wheel drive from a switch on top of the gearstick.
Did fantastic donuts.. on a wet field!!

Attachments

• 220px-Subaru_Justy_2.JPG
    220px-Subaru_Justy_2.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 24