ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
A few updates:

R26 - following done in last few months:
New tyres - all 4 Michelin Pilot 4's and tracking - not cheap but so worth it.
Passenger side hub replacement - wheel bearing was shot so replaced whole hub on my drive - took me a while, lol.
All new drop links - stuts and wishbones.
Inner and outer track rod ends - genuine renault.

Car is back to driving arrow straight as the broken wheel bearing was grabbing/pinching the drive.
Oh and hit 54k miles!

R5GTTurbo - nothing.
V6 - nothing.
Trophy - nothing.
Storm 200 - sold.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Oooh... [emoji41]
:)
Absolutely without a doubt :)
Say what now? ?
LOL - i saw it at 5pm and was on the drive within 24 hours.
Did I spot you in a Titanium 182 a week or so ago?
You did indeed mate - bought it as a winter hack whilst deciding on my next car - been faultless - just been to London and back in a day, 40mpg all the way :)
P1010011.JPG

Best colour.
Loved my last Alien Green but was far to clean to enjoy - this is one i can enjoy.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Mossy lad...! You've sold the Storm..!?!? Thought that might've remained in the collection for a bit longer...? Do you still have a Williams..? Loving the new Alien 200! Is that an ex RUK car..? Looking forward to catching up with you all in the very near future.. :)

Last edited:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Mossy lad...! You've sold the Storm..!?!? Thought that might've remained in the collection for a bit longer...? Do you still have a Williams..? Loving the new Alien 200! Is that an ex RUK car..? Looking forward to catching up with you all in the very near future.. :)

Hello Shaun, hope you're well? Yes the Storm has unfortunately gone - but gone to a good home. No I haven't got a Williams but obviously had a couple in the past. A good question about the ex RUK car as I believe they had the HV09 plates on them - I have done a bit of research but cant find anything. I did check to make sure it wasn't the flying one from the video with the RS Focus and I am safe :)
Yes be good to catch up - don't forget about Blyton this year ;)

Great choice..... I do miss mine

Yours was (and still is I hope) an awesome car and the colour does get under your skin.

Last edited:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
AG 200

A few items removed:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Removed the tint from the back 3 windows, side winglets things and the stuck on front bumper splitter.
When I removed the splitter I was greeted with a missing original splitter:
image.jpeg

But I had a new skoda splitter in the garage which was accordingly cut and shaped and screwed in place. Trickiest bit was shaping the corners with the curved recess but came out really nice. It even fitted the original clip holders :) screwed it in place and all good :)
During fitting:
image.jpeg

Before:
image.png

After:
image.png

Heater speed 4
When I bought the car the heater wasn't working on speed 4. The car came with a new resistor but thought I would try a quick easy fix and it worked:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Removed the glove box, unplugged the resistor plug, GT sprayed plug and socket - job done!! Took 10 mins and free!

Still lots to do though but it's getting there.

Last edited:

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Yeah white wouldn’t be my first choice!
Just wondered if you would go OEM now you have seen the Renault press shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lotus Elan +2S 130/5
Just read my way through this, seriously impressive work, I am a bit of OEM+ fan, your commitment to improving/returning cars to spec is fantatstic!