ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mossy's Cars

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Storm 200

First thing to do was get it mapped and see what power could be safely got out of the beast - queue a trip to rev limit who worked there magic and got 289 power and 291 torque.

Next was all about the aesthetics and tbh it was a great base to start with.

1. Bilstein B14's fitted by Rev limit.
image.png

2. 330mm big brake conversion re-skimmed as vibrating on full stop by Rev Limit.
3. Clio 197 full recaro interior fitted including rear middle seat belt (200's don't have a rear middle) so now a 5 seater car. I did this because the 200 recaros needed a repair and the silver dot 197 recaros looked so much better than a yellow interior.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

4. Front half of the roll cage removed and new black carpet fitted (original had holes cut in it). Also brand new silver band 197 floor mats fitted.
5. Sprint rear spoiler fitted (self painted in the garage) - a little more discreet than the cup spoiler - used same holes to fit so can easily change back to the cup if I fancy a change.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

6. New rear badge and side bullets fitted.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

7. Oz ultras refurbed and tyres swapped to conti 5's. Tyres swapped due to the car being road use only now.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

8. Front wing black grill stickers removed.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 107

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Trophy 182

1. Finally a new bonnet sprayed and fitted (old one had a small ball of rust on the lower lip near the headlight).
image.jpeg

2. Full service at Rev Limit and complete front and rear brakes fitted including rear calipers and all discs and pads - no brakes on the spot!
3. Mint (originals had 2 fag burns) and I mean mint original Recaros fitted.
Old one showing one of the fag burns:
image.jpeg

4. Sach suspension being refurbed.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
5. Full mot with zero advisories.
image.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Clio v6 and Renault 5 GT Turbo

Both still sat doing nothing - the vee has even ran out of Mot 😧

The 5 GT will hopefully be finished whilst I am between jobs, lol.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
..... And new run around:

image.jpeg

Had it about 2 months and gone to town on it.
Replacement mint bonnet, replacement mint drivers door, replacement rear bumper, new headlight, replacement wheels and tyres, replacement steering wheel - like brand new, all 4 suspension shocks replaced with new items, replacement mint door badges, heater controller repaired, various mint replacement interior parts, headlight blanks, all previous mot advisories done (current and old).
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Can I ask how much the bonnet cost to be re-sprayed? I ask because mine has the same issue, stone chips and rust in the same place and would like a ball park cost.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Can I ask how much the bonnet cost to be re-sprayed? I ask because mine has the same issue, stone chips and rust in the same place and would like a ball park cost.

£150 for new genuine Renault bonnet and £150 top and underneath spray.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
No wonder you don't have time to update the thread, you're too busy working on your clios! The RB looks much better then when I saw it the other month, a true Mossy creation now [emoji16]. What springs did you put on it?
If you get that 5 running in the next month you've gotta bring it over for me to see. No, on second thoughts I'll come to you and check out the rest of the fleet!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
No wonder you don't have time to update the thread, you're too busy working on your clios! The RB looks much better then when I saw it the other month, a true Mossy creation now [emoji16]. What springs did you put on it?
If you get that 5 running in the next month you've gotta bring it over for me to see. No, on second thoughts I'll come to you and check out the rest of the fleet!

Thanks Paul, yes has been a very busy few months pal. Yes the RB is coming along nicely. Need to find a decent drivers seat - I have 1 in the loft but that's one from my vee and I don't really want to be using that.
I must get the 5 GT finished its been to long. Kettle is always on but I like the idea of that meet in September.

Clio F1 197 Cup
Wow, glad I asked now ;)
The beast looks epic, I really like that new rear spoiler, makes it looks a little more subtle too.
Trophy looking equally as good, always makes me laugh how OCD you are with your cars.
What can I say about the RB, like others have mentioned, either too much time, too much money or both!!

Ex 182 owner
Always class Paul.

Needs a Williams.. but doubt anyone would go near any of the reasonably priced rot boxes.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
You need help. There's addiction and there's what you got!! :)
As usual all look great. I'll have the V if it's going cheap with no mot.... :-D:-D
Joke I ain't got that much money!

Lol, I think you're right mate :)

Great updates Mossy, a really lovely collection being brought up to tip-top condition. A real credit to your vision (/disorder) :wink:

Hopefully see you and PM05 in a few weeks?

When is Welsh trip again Tim? But yes last year was awesome.

I'm sure you inspire a lot of people to improve and look after their cars Mossy well done!

Thanks buddy.
Thread needs a Ph1 [emoji12]

agree with above but also need a mk1 clio, obvious hole in collection is obvious ;-)

Actually been after a phase 1 - really fancied a sunflower but very few and far between.

Wow, glad I asked now :wink:
The beast looks epic, I really like that new rear spoiler, makes it looks a little more subtle too.
Trophy looking equally as good, always makes me laugh how OCD you are with your cars.
What can I say about the RB, like others have mentioned, either too much time, too much money or both!!

Thanks mate and yes a good prompt to get the thread updated.
Rear sprint spoiler has really grown on me now - subtle and not to ott.

Always class Paul.

Needs a Williams.. but doubt anyone would go near any of the reasonably priced rot boxes.

Thanks mate.

Williams are cool but absolute money pits - I know I have had a fair few and that's when they were half decent.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
At the risk of being slightly lazy. Can you please do a quick summary of what you own with pics?

PH1 V6
They all look great mate, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's got the bug for trying to achieve perfection :up:
It's quite frightening actually how the costs mount up yet all we see is what wants doing next!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome collection mate. Please drop me a PM when it comes to moving the RB on! Ben

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yes couldn't believe it when @dablk posted up last year he was selling number 120 Trophy. I had been looking for a new Trophy and looked at a few and none were good enough - I think it was destiny :smile: And owned 120 V6 for 12 years now.

Arghh, wish I had kept my V6, life got in the way unfortunately, they are such a great car, did you buy it brand new? Is it standard other than the wheels?