ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More wheel offset help!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Flippin offsets!

Ive seen a set of 16" wheels I want on my Mk1 172 (which the offset is 43). The shop have come back to me and said that the wheel manufacturer can only do an offset of 38. Now will this screw up my handling? Has anyone tried wheels that stick out futher than the originals (even if its 5mm)? Am I just being stupid and should I not care? Obviously, the last thing I want to do is mess with the handling.

350z & 16v Maxi

Most after market wheels will be 38. Anyway lower offsets will give better handling. Renault did that to the Cup and Willy over the 172 and 16v to improve handling.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Oh cool, I thought the cup offsets were 48, but I think thats the Mk2 172.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

cheers Fred, we posted at the same time! I think Ill order them. Hopefully have pics at the weekend if I do.

Having a smaller offset on a car such as a 172 is no problem, You could not though put wheels with an offset of say 45 on a car like a clio dynamique with offset of 38, Wheels would be into the arch more and causing major problems

Lionel Richie

Here we go again!!!!!

Right I DONT have a 172!!!! I was referring to my dynamic WHICH is ET43

MK1 and MK2 172 are the same offset (well ET37 7x17s fit both)

noel, what are you going on about??? Dynamics are ET43 (i think, could be 48)

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Fred, Mk1 and Mk2 172s have different offsets, 43 and 48, but youre right in saying that an offset of 37 will fit both.