ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More proof that VISTA will be a piece of s**t

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
not as bad as 98 blue screening.

it is just a program anyway not vista itself.

had a micro$oft voice recognition on my pda, was spot on all the time, best i've used, although when there's background noise like i guess there was there, or speaking into a mic at the same time with echo/delay it's easy to get messed up....

cock mobile.
Not sure that constitutes proof that it will be s**t.

Altough I am having a hard time right now coming up with a decent business purpose as to why we should upgrade our clients, I can't find one, so doubt we shall upgrade for sometime.

That said, I shall probably have it on my laptop as soon as it's released, have had the beta on a spare workstation.

i've had the beta too, you reckon it's much cop? It looks slightly freser and that's it. No massive transformations or anything....

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
voice activation is tosh, its quicker to type anyway. i know they can be used for people who cant type but generally its crap.

cock mobile.
Re: More proof that VISTA will be a piece of sh*t

Jays172 said:
i've had the beta too, you reckon it's much cop? It looks slightly freser and that's it. No massive transformations or anything....

Well the stuff that I was really interested in like WinFS has been taken out of the first release, so it makes it far less appealing.

The fancy 3D window stuff I just played with at a seminar, my vid card on the spare PC isn't fully vista complient.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

sh33n said:
Well the stuff that I was really interested in like WinFS has been taken out of the first release, so it makes it far less appealing.

WinFS is dead mate. It's not going to be in vista period. Some of it's features are going into other MS products like SQL Server.

cock mobile.

sn00p said:
WinFS is dead mate. It's not going to be in vista period. Some of it's features are going into other MS products like SQL Server.

F00k really, last I heard it was going to be included in a SP, and would be for XP as well, which did sound a bit far fetched, should have known :eek:

Off to the web for latest news I go then!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
This is the best part of that news article ...

"But the software maker vows it won't be unveiled until it's working perfectly."

How comical is that ! It will have more holes than sieve like every other OS previously released. As I remember Win XP Sp2 contained approx 750 fixes !

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
no OS is completely perfect though and never will. When i installed Linux it must have installed over 100 updates and fixes. its impossible for them to release a completely stable version as there are so many variations of it once its in the real world with regards to configuration, policies, software mixes, etc.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
The difference is when you install a fix on linux, it actually FIXES the problem

Ask MS why they have fixes for fixes for fixes ?? ;)

And the BSOD just shows its same s**t different day for MS. My home system normally runs for well over 100 days before needing rebooted for a kernel change/update. My works server system are on double or tripple that.

Was playing my 360 last night and even that f**king crashed twice over about 4-5 hours play