ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More of the 1.2

mx5
As with basically much everything on my car its pretty marmite but used some left over vinyl to chequer my petrol flap this morning.

chequeredpetrolflap.jpg

Its not quite finished, have to tidy up a few bits (around finger hole etc), but im happy with how its come out.

Also while following the satnav the other day I ended up on some random road at sunset so got out and took a couple of pictures, quite happy with how they came out - until photobucket raped the quality.

Lanepic.jpg

sunsetpicc.jpg

Ive recaught the modding bug, so over the next month or so you should be seeing:

Gloss black bumpstrips
Lowered 60mm
Possibly a change of wheels

Comments welcome

Ibiza FR
Doesn't look too bad actually! maybe the cheque on the petrol cap could be slightly bigger squares? or just all black!
You should paint the button on the boot in the middle of the diamond like i have ;)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i like the petrol cap and roof, am condisdering doing this to mine, only would need to it against a white background to look any good,

on the other hand i dont like what youve done to the FK rear lights.

mx5
Thanks for the feedback, Im not 100% sure if they are staying yet, but atm I like them

Wing mirrors too?
Hmm, not thought about that, It would probs be overkill on the chequers tho?

What HAVE you done to the lights ?
This was probably rhetorical, but if not, theyre the renault lexus ones, with some red tint spray..cost £23 including all the materials

Doesn't look too bad actually! maybe the cheque on the petrol cap could be slightly bigger squares? or just all black!
You should paint the button on the boot in the middle of the diamond like i have ;)
Yeah i tried doing it all black which was my original plan, but cos of the curves i couldnt get it all flat with no creases so tried this. And yeah about I agree about the boot button, looks much better with the button colour coded, just havent got around to it yet.

i like the petrol cap and roof, am condisdering doing this to mine, only would need to it against a white background to look any good,

on the other hand i dont like what youve done to the FK rear lights.
They arent fk rear lights, theyre £15 renault ones lol.

Get rid of those nasty plastics next imo, especially the spoiler
Yep they are going gloss black as soon as I get the chance

mx5
Changed the rear lights again! My third set of customised lights lol. These are only temporary while i have another go at the set in the first pic. Im going to remove the black lines from the centre and use spray paint rather than tape to make the outside lines.

Newrears1.jpg

newrears3.jpg

newrears4-1.jpg

Rearlights2.jpg

I dont like these anywhere near as much as the old ones, but no doubt CS will prefer them

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
have you painted black bits on all your lights??

clean the black off the first pair and theyll look nice,
likewise with the 2nd pair,

i just dont like black bits (closet racist over here :()

mx5
Im getting rid of the black on the top set atm, which is why the bottom set are on, shouldnt take too long to get sorted.

The lights in the first pic started off like this:
SDC11272.jpg

And atm im making them back into this:

SDC11362-1.jpg

how do you make them like that?

Masking tape and red tint spray i think mate.

Cars too much black and silver for me.

Id colour code, Put the new idea lights on, loose the petrol cap chequers and maybe keep the roof chequers, like that and a bit of lowering to tie it all in.

Theres character.. But way too much of it. Overkill.

mx5
Nah cos the circle of white isnt all the way along, need the clear ones.

Yea i agree about the chequers on petrol cap, theyre coming off as soon as i get back from uni, rly gone off them.

My plans atm are

Lower(either 60mm all round or some custom lower rears) with aftermarket shocks
Gloss black bump strips
2.0 engine once i get out of uni
Also considering a change of wheel to something with a bit of dish
Strip the lights and redo them like the pic above