ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More ITB/standalone questions...

Was Evo7, Now ITB 182 :)
After the advice I got on here with the coldstart probems I'm having I've ordered a TPS which I'm about to fit once I can sort the connection to the OMEX ecu to calibrate it, but in the meantime think I've found why my temp gauge is not moving then all of a sudden after 10 mins or so shoots up....
Check the pics below - the original Renault CTS which i'm guessing is there for the instruments only now has been moved to the other side of the thermostat so is obviously why it's reading cold for ages then suddenly goes up (when the stat opens. doh). I'm not sure why anyone would have set it up like this I can't see the advantage......any ideas?
Also the aftermarket sensor with the blue connection must give the engine temp to the OMEX unit. If this is the one playing up does anyone know what spec it will be to get a replacement???
As for the huge overfuelling when cold I'll see what its like when the new TPS is on there and KTec have a look at the mapping - but if that doesn't sort it will this double sensor set up be ok? or could they be confusing each other if there is still a link between the Renault ECU and the OMEX one?
Cheers
Graham

DSCF1310.jpg
DSCF1308.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
With regards to the sensors in the wrong places, my are both in the water jacket thing. I'll find a pic of where my sensors are.

IMG_4110.jpg

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
the omex one is reading in the area where its needed for cold start.

the OE one just shows the dash and has no effect on the ecu at all.

but your correct about the gauge, it will only go up when the stat opens.

this was an early way of fitting the kits but you can easily replace that housing and move the OE sensor to the closed stat side.

coldstart work is simple to sort now after last winters development.

Was Evo7, Now ITB 182 :)
the omex one is reading in the area where its needed for cold start.

the OE one just shows the dash and has no effect on the ecu at all.

but your correct about the gauge, it will only go up when the stat opens.

this was an early way of fitting the kits but you can easily replace that housing and move the OE sensor to the closed stat side.

coldstart work is simple to sort now after last winters development.

Ok sure, thats great. The more I've thought about it, it's useful like this as it lets me know the stat isn't sticking.
I'm currently fitting a new port to my laptop to accept the serial cable then hopefully will be able to save a copy of the map and email it across.
Thanks for all the help and info you've given me with this recently :cheers: