ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More bucket seat help - seat belts?

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Right I need help asap!

im fitting side mounted buckets (sparco evos) and I have sparco sidemounts..
i know I need subframes but I'd like to use the standard seatbelts!

Which subframes do I go for so I can use the standard belt pretensioner? Don't mind drilling a hole if need-be!

also I'd prefer sliding frames.. But not important for now!

oh and I need them before Friday :/ lol

Help? Please!

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Looking at omp frames there's no vertical parts to attach the buckle/pretensioner too?

can I mount the pretensioner to the sidemount?

any help asap would be great :)

​cheers

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Just to bump this..

i went and bought omp subframes from ybracing

they do lean towards the middle of the car slightly but I've bolted my sidemounts to the seat higher on one side to correct this!
The seats now sit flat to the car!

also I'm running standard seatbelts with sparco evo 3 seats, I used 2 (one for each seat obviously) seat belt buckles from the back seats of my Peugeot 106 mounted with a washer between the floor of the car and the subframe! It works for now but ill be getting a bracket made so I can use the standard belts with pretensioner!

for future reference and anyone looking for help.

-yes you do need to buy/make a subframe to mount sidemounts to.

-omp ones fit straight in! No need for modification.

-you can use standard seatbelts, but you will need to make a bracket/drill a hole in the sidemount to use the pretensioner buckle, or you can mount a buckle from another cars rear seats(saxo, 106, 206)

-I'm 5'10 and like to sit as far back as I can (and still reach the pedals) I have my omp frames as far back as they wil go, and my sparco sidemounts as far back as they go aswell and the position is Perfect for me! Taller people may find it abit too forward!

-you will need nuts and bolts for subframe to car, and subframe to sidemount!
-- bolts for car to subframe = 4 x 50mm m8 10.9g+
-- bolts for subframe to sidemount = 4 x 25mm m8 10.9g+
Plus nuts to match the bolts (this is per seat)

i got my bolts from a local engineering company for £3.50! Bargain!

you might also like to put large washers between the frames and bolts to give some added strength

ill get photos of my set up in a couple days!

​any questions ill try and help further :)

PH2 Track Car
Exact issue im looking at mounting seats and finding subframe to take pretensioner.