ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More brake questions

Rb 182

Right i am starting to get bored of the clio, but love the way it looks etc, its just the power that dissapoints! Any way thinking of putting a 1.7t lump in from a Volvo but i want to sort out the brakes and suspension first. SO

Can i fit the brakes from a 2.0 16v 172 as these are 280mm which will stop the car very well! But has anyone done it before. I have done a bit research and the same brake calipers are used on some of the earlier Lagunas (1.6-2.0 IIRC). Failing that the 1.816v older clios, 5 Gtt and 1.2 16v newer clios all run the same brakes which are 260mm. Which should be more than enogh to stop the car

Any help would be great dave

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

if you get the discs, calipers, caliper carriers, and pads, it should be a straight swap (that goes for the 172 setup, and the valver setup)

Rb 182

Quote: Originally posted by Friction on 10 August 2005

if you get the discs, calipers, caliper carriers, and pads, it should be a straight swap (that goes for the 172 setup, and the valver setup)
Thanks mate your a (y)

Friction are ou sure?
Ie ben looking at hat swop an the carir bolts attachments arnt the same apparently so you couldnt just bolt the setup on.
The 16V setup is an easy upgrade youll need all the stuff though, calipers, mountin brackets the bigger disks pads etc.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The 172 setup wont fit without custom brackets+maybe more work, its a laguna setup and different to the other clios.