ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More brake issues

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
have you pressure bleed the system and is the vacuum line on the servo connected up?

Hi mate thanks for the reply,

The vacuum line is definatly connected up at both ends

The systems not been bled yet as im waiting for a new caliper as the bleed nipples snaped when trying to do it, should the pedal not go solid when the engine is off?

Cheers
Scott

Cheers all i will get these sorted at the weekend, got the pressure bleeding kid and 5 litres of brake fluid (Bit of a overkill i know but you can never have too much brake fluid) :)

I'll report back at the weekend

Cheers all

2003 172
Did you check your calipers pins aren't seized like I suggested in the last thread? I had the same symptoms....

182 cup
have air in the module of abs , you need to purge with renault clip or blow up the abs to release the air.

I had to do in my car 2 times

Hi All

Managed to sort the issues now :), new caliper on and pressure bled the system. The amount of air that came out was unreal, tbh theres probably a small amount of air in the ABS pump but thats another job for another day and the brakes are 100 times better.

Thanks for all your help
Scott