ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

more advise....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Got a new car black gold 182......! Now in direct sun its pretty bad on the swirl front. Tried the megs scrachx and megs cleaner ploish.... its hard going (by hand) but its working....... slowly lol! I've found that UDS works well as a finish, but im sure its hiding the swirls, and will come back!

What i need is some kind of cutting compound/paste that i can add by hand in the t-cut type mould..... but obviously not t-cut. I dont mind appying the compound, then SRP, then EGP in different stages

Any suggestions? (not get a pc, as i will but in a month or so)

:cool:

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Farecla G3 fella, no contest.

farecla%20g3%20500ml%20lg.jpg

Just keep working at it and itll work a treat, if you get bored doing it by hand, just use it on a mop.

Alex.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Is G3 not a bit harsh? i thought that was a rubbing compound?, not that im an expert in any way shape or form!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Nah not really, yes its a compound but you can get up to G7, which is like brighton beach in a bottle.... thats harsh. G3 can only go wrong when you go OTT with a polisher and rub through the paint. By hand its fine.

Alex.

106 GTi
Would not advise using anything harsher than Scratch X by hand to do a whole car, especially not G3 etc. I tried to correct mine by hand using multiple applications of Scratch X which did look better but very tiresome - gave up and purchased a PC, a machine polish is the only way you will get Black Gold to a standard you will be happy with easily tbh.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cheers given it a good going over again today, just doing a few panels at a time. Looking better after every application. I'll get a few pics up, to show you the finish, and listen to your wisdom ;) A PC will be purchased, but H&R's are first ;) Oh and its advice, not advise...... !

Last edited:
  106 GTi
There should be nothing to remove with Scratch X, any residue and your not working it properly/long enough. Needs to be worked till it is gone.