ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco meets White GTI

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Cleaned, coilovered Monaco with my mate's white and black Golf GTI.

3832192356_d03246cc83.jpg

3832143410_055eeb8bb5.jpg

3831345651_56e0d98019.jpg

3831398819_834cbb935e.jpg

3831345335_46f3c06ce7.jpg

3832138694_8ac54e141d.jpg

3832191430_9189d4fff4.jpg

3832142190_5928bb4a68.jpg

3832195260_8c21d7c4c8.jpg

3832145472_ac316cbda7.jpg

3832197268_def9f91bab.jpg

3834094707_eb38097fcf.jpg

3832151306_a687299caf.jpg

3832148130_b1d157a08b.jpg

3832147496_c88a065d1c.jpg

All comments and criticisms please, I want to improve at car shots :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Cheers guys! Really lucky the sun was out in all its glory for some of the pics, really got the Monaco and white to shine.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thanks mate. Monaco is going to be getting some proper TLC soon, hopefully will be all good in a few weeks. :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I know what you mean. The golf is awesome, verrrrry quick too. But mines seems subtle compared to it. Only plan for a smaller plate, Pug splitter and to fit your cup spoiler, haven't got round to getting it painted yet! Maybe some black pro race 1.2s too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pro race 1.2's are the bain of my life!

You fit them to your monaco and I will hunt you down!

'02 Monaco Blue 172
the monaco looks like a minter! need to get the exterior of mine looking like that! still looks fresh next to the golf for a 7 year old car!

which is quicker?

bmw e92 330d '09
i love monaco's....that monaco looks lushous i really want one... mossy's is mint too... i for one think he should of won at fcs in the maguries top twenty five... it was gleaming

your moanco looks really nice and shiny aswell... good job mate. (Y)

the golf not bad too :rasp: haa haa!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thanks guys! Monaco is keeping well. A few blemishes here and there but will hopefully be getting a detail from MagpieV6 soon so will be even better. In the pics, its only had a good wash after a couple months of being dirty, hopefully James will approve now! A bit lucky it cleaned up so well, it was nice and sunny and the pics came out good.

The Golf is awesome IMO. In the metal, it looks really really good. All work is well done too. And it goes like stink and sounds great.

Pro race 1.2's are the bain of my life!

You fit them to your monaco and I will hunt you down!

I only want them because they are light, same reason they're on the Golf, purpose reasons only TBH.

the monaco looks like a minter! need to get the exterior of mine looking like that! still looks fresh next to the golf for a 7 year old car!

which is quicker?

Golf without a doubt, its running around 265bhp and on Bilsteins coilovers it handles unbelievably, keeps the speed in the corners, really hard to keep up.

I'm hoping to keep close to it if I finally decide to strip mine and get some buckets in there along with inlets and remap.

is that the golf owned by a racing car driver called johnny?

No mate.

Yozza'd BG
Where did you get that decal on the bonnet from and what does it say?

I like the discreetness of these and lack of yellow compared to the Renault F1 Team decals!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thanks some more fellas. Good to see more appreciation for the GTI! 310ft/lbs gets my appreciation!

Looks v nice both of them. Make sure the monaco is that clean for combe mate ;)

Unfortunately, not free that day. Will have to make sure to keep a big event free though, get some Monacos together!

Where did you get that decal on the bonnet from and what does it say?

I like the discreetness of these and lack of yellow compared to the Renault F1 Team decals!

It's a JMS-Tuning logo, but you can only get it when you have work done from them.

Bumder With A Buffer
Very nice Vish :)

Im finally fitting my V-maxx on Friday...providing my strained muscle in my right thunmb has healed by then (bent it back playing footy last night :( )

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thanks mate. Thumb sounds nasty :s really glad the group buy finally went through and free hoses was a lovely treat. Well worth the wait though, so much more grip and looks much better. Can still be lowered a lot more too if you fancy the slammage look.

Bumder With A Buffer
Thanks mate. Thumb sounds nasty :s really glad the group buy finally went through and free hoses was a lovely treat. Well worth the wait though, so much more grip and looks much better. Can still be lowered a lot more too if you fancy the slammage look.

The bugger bent back on itself! :(

still got my hoses to fit at somepoint too!! I'm gonna try and slam it although on the roads I drive on that probably isn't a good idea!! Good to hear about the grip, my eibachs wobble and are sooo crashy it's unbelievable

TT
Hello all, this is the owner of the Golf. I'm not actually 'JclioD', I'm just using his account to post as there is little point in me signing up! (myself, JD and Vish are all good friends).

Thanks for the kind comments about my car, I can assure you that the Black/White colour scheme works so much better when you see it in real life. The car is running quite nicely at the moment, as Vish says around 265-270hp with 310-315lb/ft torque. Took it to Santa Pod and it was running about 13.9 with very tentative starts (don't want to ruin the clutch...it already has far too much torque to deal with!)

Had a brief look around the forum and there are some lovely cars on here. I'm a huge fan of RenaultSport cars, I think I tell Vish that his car is stunning every 5minutes! Personally, I think Monaco blue is absolutely gorgeous!!!! The way is shines in the sun!!!!!

As I said I have a lot of time for RenaultSports....went with my friend in his R26 to the Alpine factory a couple of years ago, which was brilliant. I think it was an organised event from another forum...we got the factory tour and then all went out for an organised drive and lunch. Great trip and great to see the cars being assembled by hand! Upon walking past a crate full of brembo's I very nearly get the urge to do away with a couple of sets as that's one of the main weaknesses of the Golf!!

Anyway, thanks again for the comments, maybe meet a few of you soon if I take up Vish's offer of coming along to a meet!

Chris.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Haha nice one Chris.

Richy, I can't commit much on the hoses as I had DS2500s fitted at the same time. Cannot be bad though! I'm so happy with the coilovers, mine is as low as speed bumps at work will allow and probably as low as I'd personally like really. I've had some scrubbing when 205/45/16 tyres on the front but 195/45/16s have caused no probs at all. Ride is firmer, notice more of the smaller bumps on the road that weren't really felt on standard setup but I think it copes with the bigger bumps just as well and comfortable as standard IMO.

BG 182 FF
monaco looks great very nice, the gti however would be a lot better if it was all white rather than a black bonnet imo, 2 nice cars nevertheless

Bumder With A Buffer
Haha nice one Chris.

Richy, I can't commit much on the hoses as I had DS2500s fitted at the same time. Cannot be bad though! I'm so happy with the coilovers, mine is as low as speed bumps at work will allow and probably as low as I'd personally like really. I've had some scrubbing when 205/45/16 tyres on the front but 195/45/16s have caused no probs at all. Ride is firmer, notice more of the smaller bumps on the road that weren't really felt on standard setup but I think it copes with the bigger bumps just as well and comfortable as standard IMO.

Fitting the bad boys tomorrow so we will see what its like :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thanks again guys. Any tips to improve photos would be great if you have any. Really want to get better. Glad the washing paid off, after all the comments! :D Even people at work have been commenting, going to have to keep it constantly clean now I think.

monaco looks great very nice, the gti however would be a lot better if it was all white rather than a black bonnet imo, 2 nice cars nevertheless

Bit hard to tell in the pics, but the Golf has a black roof as well, up until the spoiler. So the black flows smoothly across the car.

Fitting the bad boys tomorrow so we will see what its like :)

Good luck mate, let me know what you think after.

I love the Golf!

It deserves better wheels than Pro Race's though.

They were purely for purpose over style. Much lighter and a noticeably better change in driving.