ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco Blue 172 Sport Progress

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Hi all, newish on here, sold my ibiza Cupra 20vt recently to look for something cheaper, looking to start doing a few track days and just looking for something a bit cheaper to run but that's still fun so obviously I chose a clio sport :)

It's a 172 sport got all standard features no mods as of yet although it's in at the garage ATM getting a decat made up and a base remap, also purchased a cheap scorpion system for it which I'm hoping will sit okay, anyhow I won't bore you with words anymore lol pics ...

4ubajebu.jpg

za4ytamu.jpg

hy2ysude.jpg

a8epa9a3.jpg

ateha8y5.jpg

nesurunu.jpg

As you can see condition wise it's not the best I will be sorting a few things like the drivers door and bonnet, but first things first those bloody seats need changing there awful! Feel like I'm driving a bus!

I'll keep this updated with pics/vids as and when they happen :) cheers

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
For those interested, car went in on Wednesday running poorly, did a few diagnostic checks followed by some Dyno time which turned out the car was running 142bhp & 128ftlbs so really down on power, so it's had timing adjusted as it was out, it's had a custom decat pipe & scorpion cat back and a Ramair filter fitted, we then uploaded a base remap to the car and we've got it to a nice healthy 179bhp & 168ftlbs so next on the list is cams :)

Overall quite chuffed with the pull of it for an NA but I'm a bit worried with the idle despite the timing being 100% right now it's still got quite an aggressive lumpy idle now ? I'll upload a video later some people have said it's normal... Hope so.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
7e8uzeqy.jpg

Also just picked up some anthracite 16" OZ F1 wheels will these be ph1 wheels or were they 15's? I'll have to check the back later for any markings.

yvy5unuh.jpg

Many.
Saw those wheels and nearly bought them myself. Not a bad price either! They aren't Ph1 wheels, they're 15inch.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Ahh okay they must just be the OZ F1 wheels then still a bargain for the price :) will look nice on mine I hope

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
avypupuj.jpg

he9a4ary.jpg

Clean & new OZ F1 16" wheels fitted looks good in my opinion needs centres sorting and lowering :)

Better pics when I'm outta work!!

Fiesta ST
Cup spoiler would be a nice touch on this as well. Always had a thing for F1's, so jealous :dapprove:

Nice little motor :)

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Thanks for your comments, also fitted a new Headunit today, went for the Alpine IDA-X305s had it in a previous car and was epic sound quality as well as good iphone interface.

rear suspensions causing me a bit of a headache ATM cars skipping all over the place and the back end has a fair amount of roll in it

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Great to see another Monaco! The new wheels are cracking and match up great with the blue, I know wot u mean about the seats I fancy treating myself to some trophy recaros if I can get my hands on a pair over the next couple of months , I'll keep an eye on ur thread , maybe grab a few ideas for mine :p

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Haha I'll check yours out mate!
I was looking at the recaro trend lines and was originally thinking getting an Evo set for mine and retrimming but I'm going to go for a fixed set instead now! :)

Cheers

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
New bits for the car so far...

eze9eje4.jpg

e9a9y7aj.jpg

Speedline 2108 track wheels & Dunlop Formula R tyres to match
Bought a full set but one wheel is badly damaged so needs replacing, will have fronts on for trackday this month ...

jyhanabe.jpg

And then bought a momo f1 concept 3" dish suede wheel ...

a3aru8e8.jpg

Then this happened ..

ede9a4u7.jpg

And some photo whoring

jujagy9u.jpg

5edybaby.jpg

umuby2es.jpg

ahuvepu8.jpg

2e7u5y4a.jpg

Monaco - 172
Nice work mate. Got a standard 03 Monaco myself.... I'm tempted to play around with it now after reading this.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Haha I love it mate cheap little toy for me, soon sort the seats out then more power I'm thinking :)

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Clio surprised me today at Oulton!
Think I need to scrub up on my skills though but surprised a few cars but it was a decent morning out in the car till the brakes gave up :)

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Pics at Oulton Park from weekend :)
Need to buy the picture disc of my car really! Just skint

yde5azy4.jpg

uzedaha7.jpg

na5utudu.jpg

ady2ape2.jpg

y7yrubub.jpg

Then killed the brakes, car wasn't at all drive able :(

amumajy3.jpg

asabaru8.jpg

e3ure3up.jpg

rebany4y.jpg

yqa5uma9.jpg

a4uhu2e7.jpg

Back to normal now back on 4x o.z f1's :)

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
u9unubah.jpg

ehe9avy4.jpg

a3utupe3.jpg

Car needs lowering, rear is fully stripped now, just purchased a smaller plate from fancy plates

Also got a 182 manifold and milltek decat pipe to fit to the car will I see any gains with this with the map tweeked? And what they like to fit?

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Not really any updates apart from I've decided on keeping the car gunna plow abit of money into it and get it mint and running right.

Couple of pics ..

Cars now on OZ Superturismo's

typaqy9y.jpg

dy5ynana.jpg

7ymydeza.jpg

aqupu9eq.jpg

Also just dechavved the engine bay with a ph1 172 airbox, this won't restrict performance will it? As the intake pipe bore is slightly thinner than my ph2 airbox? Pics ...

geru4y8y.jpg

ugeqa4ym.jpg

Clio 172 Monaco blue
Am liking it and the white alloys, I was toying with the idea for mine or getting them sprayed in white;-) also have a Monaco blue and good luck with all the plans

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Never really liked the look of having a big can on the back of the car, like the little clio to be a bit more stealthy so I've opted for a stainless stealth system I picked up very cheap at a local breakers, anyone know the brand of this or could it just be a cheap powerflow item?

mudaduqy.jpg

Also decided as my cup spoiler didn't sell on here I've left it at a friends paintshop where he's giving it a fresh paint of monaco blue :)

Then went over the car with some purple rain and then gave it a good snowfoam and clean :) desperately needs bodywork sorting out though :(

asyqy9ej.jpg

Clio 182
Lovely car. Have to say, the Monaco Blue Phase 2 is my favourite colour. Second the comment above! Speedlines would look ace on this. Don't sell it!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Glad that exhaust is gone. Was looking at this when it was for sale and that exhaust was a massive down point along with those god awful wheels.

Can't wait to see you turn this around.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Oh it will be a minter I hope thinking carbon bonnet tidy up body work anthracite wheels lowered should look a bit better then fixed buckets and enjoy it :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Don't do the carbon bonnet! I'm not a fan. I suppose it is your car though lol.

I also think silver works the best on Monaco. Makes the paint looks really fresh and bright.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Yeah I'm Gunna get a few photoshops done and see what's best :) cheers for nice comments it's a bit of a project for me anyhow :)

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
jubequ5y.jpg

Much better :) got an annoying vibrating on acceleration which I need to sort.. bit quiet for my liking but it's a deep sound the pipe bore is probably about half an inch thicker than the scorpion system too so should flow a bit better, sound video will follow :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Also got a 182 manifold and milltek decat pipe to fit to the car will I see any gains with this with the map tweeked? And what they like to fit?

Sub frame off or engine out, if you are paying someone then its not worth it.

If you are going to fit cams at a later date then it helps with the toque.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Can't believe the difference these have made to the driving position sit perfect now as apposed to sitting stupidly high like normal!!
Well worth the buy!

(Ignore the mess in back amazing what you find under the seats!)

vese5uge.jpg

Next up need to upgrade the speakers! Sick of the crackling oem speakers! Anyone any recommendations need some strong powerful speakers as I'm only running fronts!