ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modify 182 Cup dampers for non cup

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Evening all,

I ordered shocks without measuring the bolt spacing. Turns out I don't own a cup like I expected despite having the spoilers, wheels and splitter.

So I'm now stuck with two cup front dampers. Can I modify the bolt spacing to fit?
Ive read that if I drill out the top hole on the damper it will fit. Is this true?

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Do you not think I would have done that?

Besides now I have them and they are "stiffer" than non cups I'm asking the question can they be modified to fit

yeh you can drill them but wouldn't recommend it. Sell them on if you can't return them then buy the right ones

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Well today I did it, non cup car now running cup dampers. Just increased the length of the top holes to fit.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Wouldn't it now be worth having the geometry checked just to make sure the camber is all good?

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
I will be yes. Feels so much better than before, the used to follow all the holes a dips in the road. The old dampers didn't show any signs of leaks